Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bioshock 2 in Ireland.

Options
  • 06-09-2009 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

Apparently there was a worldwide viral event done by 2k to promote Bioshock 2 in line with its story. The very first event of Bioshock 2 is connected to an Irish character in Clare who is according to the viral site the first to spot the big sister. 2k picked 10 beaches around the world(Brighton, Bondi etc.) where the big sister was "spotted" and left a bunch of swag on each a couple of weeks ago. Lahinch was the Irish pick, did anyone get any stuff or hear any more about it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

never heard about it....might still be there
    i mean im not going to the beach right now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Dante

Thats pretty cool, they seem to use the Irish card quite a lot Bioshock do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

Mousey- wrote: »
    never heard about it....might still be there
    i mean im not going to the beach right now

heh, yeh its like a slap in the face when i think it could still be sitting there. :mad: probably not though, i'd say some local kids found it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

from being in lahinch a lot i know that most of the day the beach isnt even there because of the tide coming in so much so i say they had a hard time putting it on the beach in the main area. Would be kind of pointless putting it out further down because most people wont spot it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

Thats pretty cool, they seem to use the Irish card quite a lot Bioshock do.

Yeh they seem to have a thing for us alright, not sure why in the first one but in the second one i suppose cause we're the first stop from the Atlantic.
    rejkin wrote: »
    from being in lahinch a lot i know that most of the day the beach isnt even there because of the tide coming in so much so i say they had a hard time putting it on the beach in the main area. Would be kind of pointless putting it out further down because most people wont spot it

hmm, well i guess i dont have to worry now because it most likely washed out to sea which is fitting i suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Ye this was done aaaaaaaaages ago.It was their kinda idea of a teaser trailer releasing info in bits and pieces.Website belowhttp://www.somethinginthesea.com/home.html

• Registered Users Posts: 83,303 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

If they were gonna put a copy on the beach (:rolleyes:) youd expect it was protected. not only in shrinkwrap but a hard plastic shell.

• Just read through it. Liscannor in Clare is also used. Theres a story on the website about a splicer taking a seven year old from here bedroom. Creepy. Go to the main map i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Heres the Clare Kid
    kidnapping of a little girl in Liscannor, County Clare, Ireland, is reported in the local newspaper dated February 20, 1967. The kidnapper is reported to have "incredible speed," "wore some kind of red light" and "wears a miner's helmet."

There is also a description of a strange "toy" found on the beach. The description matches the Big Daddy toy seen in the trailer.
    All the info on the map has been put into a Wiki page to with other info on the game.http://bioshock.wikia.com/wiki/There%27s_Something_in_the_Sea

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Plus the evil character is a drunken Irish madman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

I followed the somethinginthesea.com story since it began. I am very excited for bioshock 2. I really hope they put sufficient work into the story. After playing Assassins Creed 2 I was reminded of how otherwise good games can become very stagnant with a non-existent or **** storyline.

Its moving out of America, so hopefully we'll get something :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

hype hype hype!

Is anyone else excited for this? If the plot and story are half as brilliant as the original I'll be pleased.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,607 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Hopefully this is the equivalent of HalfLife2, as in, they can't possibly screw it up, or it could be like KOTOR 2, and be a complete damp squib, we'll just have to wait another few days to find out!

Possibly the final viral campaign event is taking place in San Francisco on Saturday. People speculating that they'll raise a Bathysphere in the bay :D People in Las Vegas got amazing audio-diary replicas over the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 83,303 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Hopefully this is the equivalent of HalfLife2, as in, they can't possibly screw it up,
    Half Life 2 had a development cycle of 6 years, not 3 ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Overheal wrote: »
    Half Life 2 had a development cycle of 6 years, not 3 ;)
    Jesus, is it really 3 years since Bioshock 1 came out? God, I can't keep up with gaming anymore :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

look class dying to get my hands on this now!! thanks for that link

• Advertisement

Multiplayer is shaping up to be really fun,too :) Pity I can't play this game until June :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Just ordered the 'Rapure Edition' here for €38.08 delivered. It's a steal at that price in fairness. Bioshock is one of my favourite games from this generation of consoles, so for that price, of course I'm gonna give the sequel a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Advertisement