Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Information and advice on Djing, for a beginner

• 06-09-2009 10:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I love music. I'm really into house trance electronic and drum and bass. Ive being thinking for a while about getting into djing and experimenting and making music with a computer. Thing is, I dont know where to start or who to ask about it. Im a girl and I feel like if I ask someone (and most of the djing population are men) I'll get ridiculed or patronised for it.
    If theres any1 patient enough to give me as
    much info as they can on computer software, equipment, mixers etc. whats needed to start off with, what they do and what is best. And in laymans terms if possible, I'd really apreciate it
    I've read similar posts but can't really understand what the equipment mentioned do, like a MIDI controller for example, which is really fustrating.
    I know the basics mixing records on decks messing around on some technics once or twice but wana know how can you make your own music and beats and stuff like that.....
    I'm not a bimbo or anything I just really want to learn.
    :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Check the sticky at the top of the page. Alot of usefull info in there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 preamp

DJ Academy thread Check out this thread, you should find it useful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

this i a pretty broad question in fairness.

its not really possible to sum up how to make a track or how to dj in a thread.

that being said for your how to make a track questions go to the dance music production forum on boards.theres loads of people on there that are more than willing to help as well as samples t download and a few tutorials.

alot of people are in the same boat as you so dont worry about asking silly questions.you might get a bit if stick but i reckon youll get the response you need.

the other thing is no one will hold your hand on these things,you need to put the effort in and try things for yourself.

search on youtube for tutorials.and maybe come back with some questions that are a bit more specific.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭francois

just go for it-play mates' parties, you may get lucky and get the odd gig in a club,then it may progress from there-if you are into playing stuff that you like and other people like, well thats it really.
    At the end of the day putting your ideas and taste in music out to a bunch of strangers is great fun, whether its just you and 10 others in a house or a big club.
    Just enjoy it

• Advertisement
Advertisement