Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much is my system worth?

Options
  • 06-09-2009 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭

Hope this thread is ok here. I'm thinking of sticking my system up on adverts.ie, but unsure of what price to stick it up at.

Here's the Specs:

Thermaltake VD4000SWA LCS Aluminium Kandalf Full Tower - Silver (with Watercooling system for Socket 775)
    GeIL 2GB (2x1GB) PC6400 800MHz Ultra Low Latency DDR2 Dual Channel Kit Hiper HPU-4B580 Type R 580W Modular ATX2.2 PSU
    ATI Radeon X1950XTX 512MB GFX card
    ASUS P5W DH Deluxe Motherboard
    CPU - Core 2 Duo E6600 2.40Ghz/1066Mhz Conroe (easily overclockable to 3Ghz+)
    NEC DVD-RW
    400GB Seagate IDE Hard Drive
    Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit

How much you reckon I should put it up at, and would I be better selling the parts seperate?

Buying a Tesla? Get free credits using my referral link https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/mark65212

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

theres a sticky here

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Tbh that thread is as dead as a dodo. He would be more likely to get a response in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

no monitor? how old are the parts? IDE HDD????

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭civildefence

Sounds like a great machine but computers depreciate worse than cars so don't expect big money. Your idea of selling the components seperately might pay off better but seems like a lot of hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Markjsca1

Good point about the monitor. I can include a 17" monitor, KB and optical mouse. The parts are two years old, used for about a year and sitting doing nothing for the second year.
    no monitor? how old are the parts? IDE HDD????

Buying a Tesla? Get free credits using my referral link https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/mark65212

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭requiem1

Markjsca1 wrote: »
    Good point about the monitor. I can include a 17" monitor, KB and optical mouse. The parts are two years old, used for about a year and sitting doing nothing for the second year.

Ballpark figure here would be around €400 with a monitor. The stuff people will want will be the cpu, mobo, case and the OS. I'd say it could stretch to €500 if lucky. Is the watercooling stuff installed or separate? Might be an idea to go back on air to sell cause some people might be reluctant about watercooling

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Honestly I'd say about only €300.
    If you look at some of the machines going for around the €400 mark on adverts.ie they're quad core and have a better video card.
    It sucks but that's the way the market is :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

i'd say if you were to overclock it for them....

Someone might go for it for a bit more than it's price otherwise.

Really try sell the Watercooling and say WOW 3.2ghz overclocked!!!

:o:o:o

:O

Berkut wrote: »
    Honestly I'd say about only €300.
    If you look at some of the machines going for around the €400 mark on adverts.ie they're quad core and have a better video card.
    It sucks but that's the way the market is :(:(

Yeah i didn't want to be that harsh but was my initial what i would pay for it figure. I'd probably break it up and sell it if i was the op

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭jonny72

requiem1 wrote: »
    Yeah i didn't want to be that harsh but was my initial what i would pay for it figure. I'd probably break it up and sell it if i was the op

If you sell on adverts, the people there know their stuff, so it will go for about 400 ish maaybe.

Put it on buyandsell or gumtree as a super gaming PC and you could sell it for up to 500, 600, maaybe 700, not the nicest thing to do, I know, but thats the way it is.

I've learnt this over a long experience of selling pc's on adverts versus other methods.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Jonathan wrote: »
    Tbh that thread is as dead as a dodo. He would be more likely to get a response in here.

Dead how? The last response was less than three days ago...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Solitaire wrote: »
    Dead how? The last response was less than three days ago...
    Yea, but look at the amount of people getting answers to how much their computer is worth recently. Very few.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

Jonathan wrote: »
    Yea, but look at the amount of people getting answers to how much their computer is worth recently. Very few.

Yeah even I responded to someones query....

Prob shouldn't considering i don't have a clue :(:p

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Markjsca1

Thanks for the responses. I realised i would get no where near what I spent on the system, but you'd imagine that some parts would maintain most of their price. For example, the Thermaltake Kandalf LCS (liquid cooling system) - this case with watercooling cost €280 alone. this is a serious case - capable of holding 12 3.5" drives, along with 2 5.25" drives. I might be better selling the parts by themselves - but the issue is then me being left with the motherboard by itself (or similar random components).

I've stuck it up on gumtree and buyandsell as well - thanks for that suggestion.

I'm playing the waiting game now it appears.

Markjsca1 wrote: »
    Thanks for the responses. I realised i would get no where near what I spent on the system, but you'd imagine that some parts would maintain most of their price. For example, the Thermaltake Kandalf LCS (liquid cooling system) - this case with watercooling cost €280 alone. this is a serious case - capable of holding 12 3.5" drives, along with 2 5.25" drives. I might be better selling the parts by themselves - but the issue is then me being left with the motherboard by itself (or similar random components).

I've stuck it up on gumtree and buyandsell as well - thanks for that suggestion.

I'm playing the waiting game now it appears.

Just bundle the ram, cpu and mobo as a combo to sell. Sell the gpu on its own. I'd nearly keep the hard drive and throw it in a caddy. Then see if you can sell the case separately with the watercooling. that'd be the way i'd split the system

Advertisement