Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Tunnel Free on Croker Match Days?

Options
  • 06-09-2009 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭

I nearly got shafted today, was about to drive to the airport, when I remembered the match was on in Croker, took the Dublin Tunnel route and it worked out at €3 and cut the northside leg of the journey to ten minutes. On the way back from the airport decided to go through Drumcondra and see what I missed. It took me 1 hour and some to get from Drumcondra to the bottom of Gardiner Street.

I think it would make a lot of sense to divert all airport traffic coming from the southside by making the Dublin Tunnel free on Croker Match days.

I have no doubt a lot of people missed flights due to match traffic & the usual tunnel rate is €12, which is outrageous

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

deepriver wrote: »
    I have no doubt a lot of people missed flights due to match traffic & the usual tunnel rate is €12, which is outrageous

The tunnel is always €3 at weekends, so the folks who want to avoid the stickfighting/bogball match crowds can use it without getting too badly stung.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

The 12 euro rate is on weekdays only, and only applies to trying to go into Dublin in the morning, and out of Dublin in the evening

• Registered Users Posts: 78,420 ✭✭✭✭Victor

deepriver wrote: »
    I think it would make a lot of sense to divert all airport traffic coming from the southside by making the Dublin Tunnel free on Croker Match days.
    If its free, everyone, even match goers would use it and it would be congested. Then you'd be late anyway.

Advertisement