Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

previous final year pharmacology students

Options
  • 07-09-2009 12:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭

Could any previous UCD pharmacology students please make themselves known. I have a few questions with regards to choosing my final year project and various supervisors.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Ghostswimmer

Don't know if I will be of any use, but fire away with any questions. I'll be happy to answer. I did my final yr a few years back though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭p-nut

ali?

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

what were the hours like?
    does it vary from project to project? Im not looking for a easy ride just trying to get an idea if itll be 9-5 etc

this morning was a rather quiet lecture, a certain someone was missing

Varies from project to project. You go to your lectures which should be your main priority as the overall marks for the project were (and probably still are) less than your exams. After lectures everyone goes off to their projects. If you got a good supervisor, projects were interesting and sometimes quick. Other peopole tended to want to do more with their project cos they were interested. So, like a piece of string, they just kept going til deadline day. But it's generally like most research, somedays you do nothing, some days you finish late. Mostly it's up to you. You'll have a PhD or Post-doc looking after your day to day stuff. If you gotta go to work or something, usually they're understanding so if that's your thinking, let them know when you go to talk to them about your project. The actual lecturer tends to not be too much involved in the day to day, so it's the person you directly work with that you should try to make a good relationship with.

And I don't get ya with "this morning was a rather quiet lecture, a certain someone was missing ".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

And I don't get ya with "this morning was a rather quiet lecture, a certain someone was missing ".

:Doh ghostswimmer that line was refering to OP,(who is our classmate)absent on yesterday lol

thanks for the tips btw:)

• Advertisement

No worries. Glad to help.

Advertisement