Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd Arts English Module Choices! HELP!

Options
  • 07-09-2009 1:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

2nd arts registration is apparently up but I can't find a way to check which modules will clash on the timetable without going through the registration. For Irish last year we were given a provisional timetable but I can't find anything for English. Can someone please help me! I don't know what to do and I have to register FAST! Thanks to any responses.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭captainspeckle

is our registration up?! :eek: oh crap... time to decide what to do. if its any help.... (which it prob isnt) i was flicking through the timetables on the ucc website and the modules are there i think....???? the timetable i looked at was super long though..

im confused now actually. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭johnny-fatality

hold on a sec, we have to choose our subjects and modules now? I'm going into 2nd arts , I presumed it was when we registered that we chose them? Sorry I'm not up on how these things work properly :confused:

i am extremely confused, can anyone shed any light on this matter?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

migo wrote: »
    2nd arts registration is apparently up but I can't find a way to check which modules will clash on the timetable without going through the registration. For Irish last year we were given a provisional timetable but I can't find anything for English. Can someone please help me! I don't know what to do and I have to register FAST! Thanks to any responses.

On your subject choice take a look at what the codes/titles are etc. you don't have to register, you can just view the subjects.

Take a look here, there's even more details of what modules you can do -

http://www.ucc.ie/en/english/undergrad/yr2/ModulesandTexts/

Then have a look here -

http://timetable.ucc.ie:8009/reporting/individual?objectclass=programme+of+study&idtype=id&identifier=BAM2%0D%0A&t=programme+of+study+individual&days=1-7&weeks=5-16;20-31&periods=1-20&template=programme+of+study+individual

You have your codes but it's still bloody tedious work going through the timetable.
    hold on a sec, we have to choose our subjects and modules now? I'm going into 2nd arts , I presumed it was when we registered that we chose them? Sorry I'm not up on how these things work properly :confused:

I had a look on Saturday and I could register. Registering = picking your subjects. This says you're going into 2nd year and you're picking your subjects for this year.

I picked my modules/subjects but as far as I know, you're allowed to change them when you go back, just in case you don't like them or if there's clashes. There's a good chance mine may clash so I'll have to change I reckon. Confusing stuff.

oh crap... what modules am i going to do??? for the english critical skills module, would people reccomend doing it all in first semester, second semester or spread between both?

• Advertisement

edit

went looking properly through departmental websites anyway, after a while of slogging through it I figured out what modules ill do.how they clash or not clash and which i had to pick from etc, grand shtuff, i'm fairly set for pickin them hopefully tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

I don't get why they're allowing you to pick your modules/subjects 6 or so days before the 11th. :confused:

no, my understanding is that it's all provisional. I figured out which modules I have to choose from, and, if the provisional timetables are correct, what times they're on during the week. I haven't done any registration of any kind yet.

Advertisement