Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

fazer lights

• 07-09-2009 1:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Ok, bought my fazer 600 on saturday, i'm ****ing loving it :) but the left headlight ain't working, i heard this is a fazer thing, but is there a way around it?
    Also, if there a way to or a place that fits spot lights to the side of bikes or where ever they fit, extra lumination is quite a necessity on country roads imo.
    Like i wear a high vis vest and all, but i wanna see where i'm going too.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Xios wrote: »
    the left headlight ain't working, i heard this is a fazer thing, but is there a way around it?

On the older shape Fazers at least, isn't the left headlight your high beam? So only one is on when you have your low beam on, both come on when you switch to highs... Could be wrong though, never owned a Fazer...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

J-blk is right - one side does dip, one side does main beam. The lights on these are awful - I had one and couldn't believe how bad it was. I fitted replacement halogen bulbs from OMRON and they made a bit of a difference but I'd say a HID conversion would be the only real option if you do a lot of night driving.

On CBR600's they are the same and one of the forums had details on how to fit a pair of dip/main bulbs and add relays to prevent the switches from burning out.

Have a look on the UK Fazer site and see what they recommend (buy a Honda? Lol!)

Loads of stuff here on headlight mods.

'cptr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭DonkeyRhubarb

I also have a Fazer and ****ing love it;)

When 1 light is on, it's your ordinary driving around light automatically on light.

Flick the switch on the left handle and both come on for high beam, but will blind people if it's anyway dark.

I tried driving with both on during the day for a couple of days, but I still got people waving at me and flashing to say I was blinding them. If you ask me, they were just prats, but how and ever.

It would look nicer if they both came on alright at the same level, but that's just how bikes work:rolleyes:

Come out on the next spin on wednesday and I can fill you in on some things about the bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

I tried driving with both on during the day for a couple of days, but I still got people waving at me and flashing to say I was blinding them. If you ask me, they were just prats, but how and ever.

I get that a lot with my V-Strom, as both lights are on even with the low beam only and the bike is relatively tall... They can p**s off though, at least it means they are seeing me on the road :). (And I can't turn my lights off even if I wanted to...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Deagol

You don't say what year the Fazer is but...

The Mark 1 (98-01ish) model had by design only one working headlamp on low beam. The Mark 2 (02-04ish) model both headlamps worked on both high and low beam.

If you have a Mark one then you can get the second low beam working with a little DIY work.

Here's the link to it. I ran a '99 model for two years with this and it worked fine.

http://fazerowners.yuku.com/forum/viewtopic/id/5316

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Yeah, it's a 99 model, i think i'll try some of the diy stuff, but i was also wondering if you could put different bulb types in, like leds, which are much brighter. Cause the angle of the beam is fine, it's just lacking in intesity.

Advertisement