Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RC looking for back tax despite tax clearance cert

• 07-09-2009 2:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭

I've applied for a tax clearance cert and the revenue commissioners have said I need to first pay an owed amount from 2002 and 2003, this is despite receiving a tax clearance cert in 2004, when I contacted the RC to explain about my cert in 2004 they said the amounts for 2002 and 2003 were too small at the time for them to bother with and now that revenue income has fallen they've decided to chase it up. My question is can they do that, and if so, should I appeal it based on the fact that they had already tax cleared me? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Yes they can, and no it's not worth your while appealing or anything.

Sign of the times my friend with revenue chasing up small balances, if you need the tax clearance cert just pay the few quid you owe and be done with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Thanks for the reply Dan, for the relatively small amount involved, I'm going to pay it, also timewise I need the cert within the next few weeks and an appeal might delay it too much.

Advertisement