Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crime and Punishment

Options
  • 07-09-2009 3:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 45

I'm planning to read this novel soon. I noticed that there are several editions of this book on the market. I'm just wondering what is the best edition / translation to get? OUP, Penguin, Vintage, Modern Library?

Regards,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

I've read the vintage version and had no problems with translation or anything like that. Great book.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

Yeah it would be kinda hard for anyone to say which translation is the best really, few people would have read two different translations I'd imagine. I read the penguin one myself and it was grand, Robert Maguire I think was the guy. If he has any merits it would be that I know he's translated alot of Dostoyevsky as penguin seem to use him for all their stoy translations.

Advertisement