Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So, tell me about a Ford 7810

• 07-09-2009 8:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭

As the title says.

I've seen a resprayed jobbie beside me, got about 12000 hrs on it, 91 reg. Its a nice few hours on it in fairness. Lift pump is a bit dodgy on it.

Regards

Jonty

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭oflynno

all i know is

people say the 10 series 6610,7610,7810 and all them suffer engine problems from the engine casting being porous and water leaks through the block and gets into the engine oil and through the piston chambers

i dont know is it rural legend though or not

personally i'd love a 4wd 7610 or 7810 with the super q cab , i used to drive 1 7610 2wd and loved it

but i've no land or use for one yet. . . . .

i would rate them as a good all round tractor,not too big and bulky like some more of the makes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

yeah I heard about the porous blocks alright but I thought it was more to do with the 4 cl turbo engine than the straight 6. I also thought it was fairly sorted by the time the series III came out:confused:

now that you mention it yes

the 111 series is the one to go for
    i dont know about the 4 vs 6 cylinder engine thingy though

as a matter of me learning what were the hp ratings of the 4 vs the 6?

did you see this ad?

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/trucks/990696

the price is veeeerrryyyy cheap

if it starts and runs,its a good buy for that price

thought of your post when i saw it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Michael C

Dont think the 6 cylinder engines ever suffered too badly from the porous block issue although some can be smokey. 7810 is a nice tractor to operate, cabs a weak point, most are now pretty rusty and doors etc are not easily got secondhand.
    Great sound from that engine though! :cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement