Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yorkshire Terrier Puppies

Options
  • 07-09-2009 8:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi I am desperately looking for a yorkshire terrier pup for our family but cannot seem to find one in the Sligo area, does anyone out there know where i might be able to get one?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Have you tried contacting the IKC and local shelters?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 gigillen

Yea i tried all shelters in the area and the IKC but there seems to be no info for the Sligo area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Did you call the IKC? (just as their website seems to still be lacking most information)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I got a puppy about 4 weeks ago off donedeal.ie, I think my mum got the website address of TV3. Generally they have loads of breeds all over Ireland, so maybe you'll find one in Sligo or even a short drive away. Obviously for most you have to pay the seller, so I'm not sure if that suits.

We got our little Maltese/Shi Tzu cross off a lovely lady from Leitrim for €400 as we needed a dog that was non-shed for the asthma sufferers in the house, and there are only a few dozen breeds that suit, and we got one and she's healthy and we've given her a great home.

Hope that helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 gigillen

Yea i have been looking at donedeal but no luck so far, we have no problem paying or travelling within reason but so far no luck. Thanks for the advice though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭elduder

Check Donedeal.ie they have some

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭dee o gee

Hi fellow sligonian, have you tried the pound down in drumcliff? Also try leitrim animal welfare and roscommon spca.
    Be careful with donedeal.ie, there are a lot of 'not so good' breeders on it, don't get me wrong there are a few good breeders on it but just use common sense and steer away from the bad ones!

Advertisement