Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Reasons to turn off the radio before you go to sleep

• 07-09-2009 9:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 377 ✭✭

I woke up with the horrible realisation that I had dreamt that Mary Lou McDonald had stolen a kiss off me in my sleep. I feel dirty ever since. I blame not turning off the radio before I go to sleep. She must have been interviewed.

Has anyone experienced similar radio-influenced nightmares??????

How can I block out this horrible ghastly memory??? I feel like washing out my mind with a wire brush. Make it stop.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I woke up with the horrible realisation that I had dreamt that Mary Lou McDonald had stolen a kiss off me in my sleep. I feel dirty ever since.

Could have been worse, you could have woken up having slept with Ryan Tubridy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Use the timer?

I go to bed to the sounds of BBC Radio 4 so such horror is unlikely, though some turbo folk/drum 'n bass from Estonia is a possiblilty as they switch over to the World Service at 1 am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 377 ✭✭garrincha62

Can't get Radio 4 on my radio, terrible signal but I know what you mean!
    I think investing in a radio with a timer would be smart as methinks one will cost less than visits to a therapist to cope with recurring wench nightmares of the Mary Lou sort!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Can't get Radio 4 on my radio, terrible signal but I know what you mean!
    I think investing in a radio with a timer would be smart as methinks one will cost less than visits to a therapist to cope with recurring wench nightmares of the Mary Lou sort!!

I usually just stick on a boring podcast. It will stop by the time you have fallen asleep, hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭Dan Dare

mike65 wrote: »
    Use the timer?

I go to bed to the sounds of BBC Radio 4 so such horror is unlikely, though some turbo folk/drum 'n bass from Estonia is a possiblilty as they switch over to the World Service at 1 am.

I still miss John Peel on the World Service..."and here is a letter from Paul who is working in the Gobi desert and would like to hear something from the Fall".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

I woke up with the horrible realisation that I had dreamt that Mary Lou McDonald had stolen a kiss off me in my sleep. I feel dirty ever since. I blame not turning off the radio before I go to sleep. She must have been interviewed.

How can I block out this horrible ghastly memory??? I feel like washing out my mind with a wire brush. Make it stop.

:eek:Nothing wrong with that.

Give Mary Lou a right good belt of bell so I would.

Very attractive woman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

I go to bed with KGO 810 on my internet radio and put it on sleep, have always slept with my radio from a young age.

I use a pillow speaker like this so not to disturb the wife, works well. :):)
    31h1UtDEqkL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

I go to sleep with BBC News 24 on - know the headlines word for word by the time I wake up.

'Newfoundwell Massive' :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Greenman wrote: »
    I go to bed with KGO 810 on my internet radio and put it on sleep, have always slept with my radio from a young age.

how big are those things?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

did you have fake tan on your collar?

• Advertisement

Greenman wrote: »

Might invest in them indeed. Are they pricey?

My radio has taken on board the evil glances darted in its direction and informed me in my sleep that the Louth manager has resigned at last....some more good news needed to eradicate the horrible image of an orangified ML pushing me up against the wall, tongue out and giblets wobbling from all those junkets in Brussels...ahhhhhhhhhh

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :eek: :( :mad:

Christ I need some mindblocker still. Bad radio. Bad bad radio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

ntlbell wrote: »
    how big are those things?

As big as the underside of a soft drink can.
    Might invest in them indeed. Are they pricey?

Mine were €4.99 in Maplin but those type were discontinued but these are in stock http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=28861 well were on my last visit in June.

Pillow speakers rock;):);)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

I go to sleep to Newtalk, usally wake up in the middle of the night hearing some Biddy telling Henry McKeen "ah sure its not wha hih used to be, you know what I mean, like"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Tallspoon

I go to sleep with Janice Long on BBC R2, its like really good daytime radio but at night. She plays loads of really good alternative 80's stuff...Bunnymen, Smiths, New Order, early U2 etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭p2p2p

I'm guilty of this myself and I think it's quite bad for you.
    I listen to the radio (Earplugs) every night and usually listen to either Talk sport for ian collins or radio 5 live or world service.
    I often "know stuff" but have no idea from where (assume it's subconscious learning at night) but although there's nothing wrong with that, I think listening to radio while sleeping makes you tired during the day and can affect your long term memory as it's parts of the sleep process that file short term memory into long term.

Still do it every night though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

I go to sleep to Newtalk, usally wake up in the middle of the night hearing

Repeats of Tom Dunne :eek: - no thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

i went to sleep the other night with chris de burghs a space man came travelling and cant get the thing out of my head :eek:

Advertisement