Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long for NARGC info

Options
  • 07-09-2009 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi

I joined my local GC in early July. How long does it normally take for new members to get their Compensation Fund Card and associated documentation back assuming the GC sec sent the forms off in late July.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭thebull09

Hey mrhd i also joind a local gun club in LATE july and i have recieved my card back about two weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

normally takes a couple of days to a week. Once the fund recieves your money and your on the computer your covered. I know in our club we try to get the cards to the members as soon as we recieve them back and meet locally to facilitate this. Contact your fund administrator and drive out to the house to collect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭foxshooter243

mrhd wrote: »
    Hi

I joined my local GC in early July. How long does it normally take for new members to get their Compensation Fund Card and associated documentation back assuming the GC sec sent the forms off in late July.

In reality it takes a while, I have recieved one of my membership cards last saturday, which I paid for 2 months ago, my second card hasnt arrived yet:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 bunnybuster

I joined in August at local clay club, still havent recieved anything back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭foxhunter

It depends when your club paid the money we paid ours at the end of july and got our cards two days later.
    Some clubs dont pay till as late as october leaving their members without cover for a few months so check with your club secretery and see if it's been paid over yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Terrier

The process depend on a few people..

When did your secretary send it off to the county treasurer\secretary
    when did the county treasurer\secretary process it
    when did National Fund Officer process it
    When did your county secretary receive it and send it to your secretary
    when did your club secretary send it to you

I can tell you in our club (in galway) first batch was 2 weeks turnaround with the second just over 2 weeks.

Hopefully someone will have tabled a motion for this years NARGC AGM to move the insurance year from July back a few months now that it doesn't match the firearm licensing year anymore allowing more time to get the insurance sorted for the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭mrhd

Am I right in thinking I need to call to the GC sec for it so. I had assumed it would be posted to my home address

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

In our club the fund administrator/treasurer deals with it so find out who is the person to talk to.

Put a motion forward and have an AGM and membership payment first week in July to facilitate continuation of cover, thats how we proceed

Advertisement