Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

East Pier Battery open to public

Options
  • 07-09-2009 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭

Maybe some of you are interested. I will definitely have a look.

Dun Laoghaire Harbour News
    Opening hours will be:
    Saturday 29 and Sunday 30 August [FOWC]
    10:30 - 17:00

Thereafter:
    Thursdays to Sundays
    10:30 - 17:00

until Sunday 18 October

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

I had a look the weekend of the festival-forgot to mention it here, sorry all. Well worth a visit. It will close again shortly for further development soon but it promises to be a great attraction.

I must be getting old. My parents remember it when it was open before (somewhere around the famine or thereabouts;))

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

Little Update here:

It's open again, now daily from 10 am to 8 pm - with Teddy's for refreshments.

If I recall it correctly it's open til 1st September, but open to correction here (Saw is a few days ago and Website says for 3 month).
    Every year, many thousands walk the East Pier. Last year, the Dun Laoghaire Harbour Company opened the historic East Pier battery building, at the end of the pier, for a short period. There was a tremendous level of public interest in this, and this year the East Pier Battery will be re-opened for 3 months from 10am to 8pm, and Teddy’s will operate a tea/coffee unit on the site, and will also be serving their world famous ice cream cones. The lighthouse, which is on the East Pier Battery, will also be open and for the first time the public will be able to visit this historic 19th century structure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

Apparently you can get an ice-cream cone here for €1.

Sweet deal :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Does Dun Laoghaire have a beach or just a pier?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

there is a stone beach which isin't that nice tbh.
    Sandycove is only about 20 mins walk south from the pier, little sand beach.

North of DL there is Sandymount beach too.

Map

• Advertisement
Advertisement