Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing Pump Valves

Options
  • 07-09-2009 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I need two pump valves replaces on my gas boiler, one started to leak after a recent service :rolleyes:

I have been quoted €250 down from €380. Is this reasonable?

Cheers,

Branners

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

Any pics? It would help to identify the problem. Meanwhile, don't believe what you're told by contractors!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

seems a small bit steep but it depends where they are how accesible etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭PeteHeat

ART6 wrote: »
    Any pics? It would help to identify the problem. Meanwhile, don't believe what you're told by contractors!

In that case best disregard every one of my posts :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

PeteHeat wrote: »
    In that case best disregard every one of my posts :confused:

Not aimed at you, and apologies if it was interpreted that way. But looking back over many posts in this forum it does seem that far too often some contractors are less than blameless:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭branners69

Unfortunately I cant take photos as I cant get into the pump valves!

But as I also thought it was a bit steep I managed to get someone to do it for a good bit less!

Thanks for the replies!

• Advertisement
Advertisement