Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lonely!!

Options
  • 07-09-2009 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

Hi everyone
    I keep a lovely horse in roundwood, near the village, i have it pretty handy with where she is kept, the only problem is they have no arena etc so i have to ride out all the time.........which is fun but it gets a bit lonely........does anyone else ride out around roundwood that i could tag along??!!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

I know what you mean. I'm nowhere near Roundwood myself.

Have you tried Riding Club for networking? It goes by calender year so it may not be worth yourwhile to join now.

http://www.airc.ie/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

I know what you mean. I'm nowhere near Roundwood myself.

Have you tried Riding Club for networking? It goes by calender year so it may not be worth yourwhile to join now.

http://www.airc.ie/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

• Registered Users Posts: 11 allyearround

Hi There,

I might be starting to ride a horse in Roundwood - I live there but am going to help someone out with there horse as I can't afford my own. I'd love to have someone to ride out with. I have to sort out "riding" insurance first though. Do you know where I can get it? I found horse & riding policies but none that cover just the rider! Any suggestions? I can contact you once I get this & the horse sorted out. She needs a little work before going on the road as she's just 5 and hasn't been ridden much on the roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

BHS gold insurance cover will cover republic of ireland riders riding on the road.
    I think it might be about €75 of something like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 hannah-banana

hi
    theres a livery yard with an arena and a forest to ride, in roundwood. im sure if you went there youd be able to meet people who ride up and around there. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭746watts

monflat wrote: »
    BHS gold insurance cover will cover republic of ireland riders riding on the road.
    I think it might be about €75 of something like that.

Another choice is to join the Irish Farmers Association €75 with third party cover up to €2.6m. www.ifa.ie

Advertisement