Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weekend in Donegal - C&C

• 07-09-2009 11:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Here's a few photos from a weekend up home in Donegal. You can see the full set of 24 photos here.
    Fanad Lighthouse
    3894130307_c5d57890eb.jpg

Fanad Lighthouse
    3894938602_c4eb2c1fc0.jpg

Lagan Valley
    3894149311_6f6389bd00.jpg

Hoverfly, smaller fly... and even smaller fly! :)
    3894918332_ff78390c63.jpg

3894934430_98b736664c.jpg

Fanad Flora
    3894931502_0ec86ea27e.jpg

Grianan of Aileach
    3885698482_9737476719.jpg
    I know I may have gone a little overboard on the HDR, I did try control myself! The last shot I think has potential but in reality I blew out the sky on the right, rough clone job done there. Not going to work anymore on it - going to re-shoot some day instead.

C&C if you will... ;)

EDIT: If anyone wants to C&C on any of the other photos in the set, feel free to link in the image and comment... didn't want to insert too many here.

Joe
    must change my boardsie name from gary

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Great shots Gary/Joe
    Really love them. I will have to go up there someday soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gary82

Thanks.

It's Joe. ;) Initially Gary for the sake of online anonymity but that's been blown since! Must come up with a new name!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

Gorgeous shots. I love the thought put into these shots.
    I probably would've like to see the same processing on shots #1 & 2. You went to the Grianan Of Aileach.
    Fantastic place. I was there only over a month ago. The whole region is stunning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

I really like the first three (the first one is fabulous). The other three look "weak" in comparison. Lovely part of the country. It must be 30 years since I was up there.

Gorgeous shots. I love the thought put into these shots.
    I probably would've like to see the same processing on shots #1 & 2. You went to the Grianan Of Aileach.
    Fantastic place. I was there only over a month ago. The whole region is stunning.

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah I prefer the processing on #1 now, I think I might go back and redo #2.

Was just driving past Burt and had the camera in the car so thought why not! Hadn't been up there since I was a kid and never before with a camera.

Couple of others from Grianan of Aileach
    3894134631_faae617980.jpg

3894136051_3e4bae4c2c.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭daycent

Really nice set. The HDR ones might look a bit overdone but I think it really suits them. Love the lighthouse ones in particular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,439 ✭✭✭secman

1 & 2 look more like paintings than photo's. Beautiful as they are is that what you were looking for with your processing ?

Secman

secman wrote: »
    1 & 2 look more like paintings than photo's. Beautiful as they are is that what you were looking for with your processing ?

Secman

No, not what I was looking for... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

The 1st stands out, its a great composition, I find that HDR realy makes the colors stand out, and green in particular..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Nebezpeci Mys

Love all the pix, Gary... but no. 1 & 2 are my favourites!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭LeoB

Simply Beautiful. esp 1, 2, & 3.

WTF am I going to London with such beautiful places In Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭Technique

The people in Burt and Inch Island won't be too happy with you calling their area The Lagan Valley:)

You're about 10 miles too far east.

Advertisement