Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ring of death question.

Options
  • 07-09-2009 11:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

i know relitavily little on this . but i will have to get it foxed asap for the kids.
    if anyone has got this problem fixed, how long did it last for before if it returned.
    ill have to read up a little more on it. but it seems a common problem in the 360s make up. ozzie.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭gary_bre

Its a design flaw/overheating issue in the xbox360. A mate got it a while ago and fixed it himself but it came back a few months later while another friend had his fixed over 2 years ago and hasn’t had a problem.

Its a very unpredictable problem with the xbox and is very hard to say if it will or wont come back after fixing.
    If its still under warranty Microsoft will give you a new one , Once it hasn’t been modified in any way

The newer elite models of Xbox360 are meant to be fair more reliable than other models in terms of rrod

If your out of warranty there are plenty of lads on the forum that can fix this problem (30-40 Euro) for you but there’s no guarantee that it wont be come back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

Bought mine 2nd hand, after a few months it threw the oul RRoD, sent it to MS for free, got it back in a week and a half, it's been fine for two years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Eccentric Toast

If its out of its warranty try wrapping a few towels around it and make sure snug, then turn it on and let it go for awhile it should overheat and reset the system. Try it if its out of its warranty seeing that you have nothing to loose this does not void anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Greyham

maybe an ignorant question , would aiming a small table fan at it do anything to rectify the problem?

Advertisement