Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When will the government start taxing lump sum pension payments?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭erictheviking

jimmmy wrote: »
    I have not "pryed" in to any PS workers details...even Mr. Breathnach volunteered the info that he was retired public sector....I never asked anyone the question "What do you contribute?", which I was asked.

You seem to feel you have the right to take apart PS workers while you hide behind your anonymity and offer nothing about your own background.
    For all anyone knows on here you could be a nerdy student with a chip on his shoulder who has never done a days graft in his life!;)
    The PS workers, as has been explained before by other poster, hand back to the government with some of the money the govt gives them. eg the govt giving 100 euro and taking back 30 in tax is the same as giving them 70 to start with.

Some people actually write cheques to the revenue commissioners , and give them a considerable amount of money each year, instead of the other way around.

Another flawed argument...Their tax euros are just as good as yours
    You seem to be implying that the govt. hands the PS worker money and the PS worker does nothing to earn it.:(
    Private industry, the rest is n.o.y.b. and not relevant to this thread. I do not ask other posters what they work at.
    I work in the manufacturing industry...Whats left of it! Manufacturing workers are the real wealth creators in this country. Should I rubbish service industry workers because they don't create as much wealth as me? Of course not! Why do you rubbish PS workers? Their function is not to create wealth!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭jimmmy

Why do you rubbish PS workers?
    I do not ask anyone if they are a ps worker, what they contribute or how much tax they pay. I do not rubbish PS workers either, as the work some PS workers do is vital to the economy. ( if it was not for the central bank , who would have regulated the other banks ? :D ). I merely point out the economic reality of the situation, and the absurdity of having the best paid politicians and public service in the known world while having such a budget deficit. I known some in the public service who are of the same opinion. You do not need to be a rocket scientist to see the reality of the situation....even our highly paid Taoiseach ( who is paid more than Obama or any of the european Prime Ministers ) made comments during the week about possible public service pay ( and therefore also ps pension ) reductions.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Jimmmy, have a week off to teach you not to bait others and to leave the moderating to the moderators.

Advertisement