Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charity Shoot 20th September Bishops Mountain

• 07-09-2009 11:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hi all,

There is an open day and all rounder Charity clay shoot starting at 10.30am Sunday 20th September at Bishops Mountain www.bishops-mountain.com

There will be set ups for beginners, 20 bird re-entry Compact Sporting, DTL, ABT and a 20 bird 2 man flush.

Please spread the word and it will be great to see you there.
    Cheers
    David

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭dave999

Hi all,

There is an open day and all rounder Charity clay shoot starting at 10.30am Sunday 20th September at Bishops Mountain www.bishops-mountain.com

There will be set ups for beginners, Compact Sporting, DTL, ABT and a Cock & Hen'.

Cheers
    David

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭BELOWaverageIQ

Hi David,
    Out of curiosity, do you have a rifle range up there or is it Shotgun only ?

Mark

Hi David,
    Out of curiosity, do you have a rifle range up there or is it Shotgun only ?

Mark

Mark,
    Sorry Clay targets (shotgun) only.
    David

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Hope the weather holds up for you on Sunday. Unfortunately I won't be able to get there this week so hope it all goes well.

Hope the weather holds up for you on Sunday. Unfortunately I won't be able to get there this week so hope it all goes well.

Thanks Den,
    Shame your not coming as I was hoping to see how one of our official coaches handled the ' 2 man flush' !!:rolleyes:
    David

• Advertisement

dave999 wrote: »
    Hi all,

There will be set ups for beginners, 20 bird re-entry Compact Sporting, DTL, ABT and a 20 bird 2 man flush.

Cheers
    David

Prizes - update Friday 18th Sept:
    We have some great Waterford Chystal prizes for the 1st 2nd & 3rd in each of the DTL, ABT, Compact SP and 2 man flush events and Raffle prizes of Nokia 5800 mobile, Spa Voucher, meal & book vouchers, hampers etc all generously donated by club members and other 'victims' of generosity.
    David

How did the day go Dave?

How did the day go Dave?

We had a brilliant day, weather was fantastic and over €1500.00 raised. I would like to thank everyone who entered & re-entered & re-entered!! for supporting the South East Birds of Prey Charity (www.birds.ie) and all funds raised goes towards foodstuff and veterinary costs.

1st, 2nd & 3rd Prizes of fantastic Waterford Glass, donated by Chris Finnegan and Peter Atkins (Thanks lads).
    DTL
    1st John Tompkins
    2nd Gene Murphy
    3rd Kevin Purcell

1st ABT
    1st John Tompkins
    2nd Robert Carter
    3rd Roland Morris

Sporting
    1st Roland Morris
    2nd David Benson Jnr
    3rd David Benson Snr

Beginners: All scoring 9 after being 'coached' by Gene Murphy!
    William Murphy
    Niall Carter
    Thomas Vansos
    Megan (One of Jackies friends from Tramore way)

Raffle prizes
    1st - Nokia 5800 touchscreen mobile phone - Vincent Coultan
    2nd - €75.00 Brandan House Spa voucher - Lydia Hart
    3rd - Tower Hotel 'Bistro dinner' for 2 - Vanessa Dwyer
    4th - Hamper worth €55.00 - Niall Carter
    5th - €40.00 Book token - Helen Dunphy
    6th - €30.00 Rising Sun meal voucher - Sinead Murphy.

Everyone said what a great day they had (the weather was very very kind to us!) and apart from over simplifying the Sporting layout (which I'll fix next time!!), we again thank everyone for their help in organising, running and taking part in the event.

Special thanks to:
    Gaye Howlin, Vera Myler and Mary Purcell for helping on refreshments and 'hustling' raffle ticket money.

The 'usual suspects' Philip Myler, Gene Murphy, John & Micheal Howlin, Johnny Purcell, Ger Dunphy, Peter Atkins, Chris Finnegan also Jim Furlong (taking in the money). My appologies if I have missed anyone out, but a very special thanks to the shooters who made it all worth while.

David :):):):):):)

Dave,
    Have a look here at another boards.ie member - Valentia. He has some great pics of birds of prey. He posts them in the photography forum now and again. He doesn't like shooting though :)

Dave,
    Have a look here at another boards.ie member - Valentia. He has some great pics of birds of prey. He posts them in the photography forum now and again. He doesn't like shooting though :)

Den,
    Great stuff. Just had a great phone call to say one of our junior visitors to the birds pf prey centre in Heritage week has won 1st prize in the Heritage week (age 7 - 12). The Heritage team have selected on of her brother holding & petting one of my birds (cannot wait to see which one they picked). Heritage team will publish winners this coming week.

I put a few on... http://pix.ie/birdsofpreycent

David

• Advertisement

I really must make the trip down to see the birds. Are you open all the time or could I squeeze it in with the next ABT shoot?

Just found out that being involved in clay pigeon shooting can possibly adversely affect your short term memory.

This is especially noticeable if you are driving a car and the little orange light flashes to remind you that you're low on petrol. Maybe it's got something to do with looking at so many orange clays during the day that you switch off when the orange light flashes on your dashboard.

The scientific proof of this phenomenon was demonstrated last Monday evening when well a known clay pigeon person (who shall remain anonymous), ran out of petrol leaving Dublin Airport.

dave999, the op of this thread, might be able to elaborate a bit more. I'm not saying it was dave999 who ran out of petrol, but he might be able to shed some light on it. ;)

Just found out that being involved in clay pigeon shooting can possibly adversely affect your short term memory.

This is especially noticeable if you are driving a car and the little orange light flashes to remind you that you're low on petrol. Maybe it's got something to do with looking at so many orange clays during the day that you switch off when the orange light flashes on your dashboard.

The scientific proof of this phenomenon was demonstrated last Monday evening when well a known clay pigeon person (who shall remain anonymous), ran out of petrol leaving Dublin Airport.

dave999, the op of this thread, might be able to elaborate a bit more. I'm not saying it was dave999 who ran out of petrol, but he might be able to shed some light on it. ;)

Ok, Ok, Ok, Mea Culpa, this well known 'shooting person' blames the 'Mrs' (it was her car!) for having 81kms of the fantastic stuff called PETROL (or Pettttteeeeerrrrralll as you genuine paddys call it). How the fek did you get to know about it!

Anyway, it was Waterford airport, so get the story right, cannot believe how small this place (Ireland) is. I'll suffer for next 25 years now, ya fekker! :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭trapmando

maybe he couldn't afford petrol with the reduced entry fees? Oh sorry I forgot, the clubs aren't taking a cut now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48 BIG BANG

Thats right blame the missus ( Any way she doesent run out of Bacon ) see you soon

BIG BANG wrote: »
    Thats right blame the missus ( Any way she doesent run out of Bacon ) see you soon

Look forward to it big lad.

Phone me through with an advance BULK order for Rashers (anyway how is that diet going!)

trapmando wrote: »
    maybe he couldn't afford petrol with the reduced entry fees? Oh sorry I forgot, the clubs aren't taking a cut now!

Whats with the snide comment? This thread had some humour till you chipped in.

At least people know who I am and can take a joke!

was meant to be a joke. bit like the bacon buttie joke that BB doesn't seem to mind. We supposed to make a face when making humour?:confused:

trapmando wrote: »
    was meant to be a joke. bit like the bacon buttie joke that BB doesn't seem to mind. We supposed to make a face when making humour?:confused:

Shame you forgot the face on your original post then :D The BB joke is long standing one, so there would never be any misunderstanding! ;)

i always give ye BM guys credit, great ground, good shoots, good grub, friendly atmosphere and those bacon butties.......!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Tonyaus

You have a guy named Philip Myler shooting DTL at Bishops Mountain?

Advertisement