Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

European poker networks training sites

Options
  • 07-09-2009 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I am memeber of couple of training sites..
    PXF and pokervt. I was member of stoxpoker too...

I am playing mainly MTTs now and playing them in ipoker, pacific, everest and boss. PLays there are very different than Pokerstars and FullTiltPoker.
    All the training sites I mentioned have PS and FTP videos.

I am looking for MTT videos for lets say ipoker type players, or pacific, or everest... any ideas?

thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭BigToad

Stoko wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I am memeber of couple of training sites..
    PXF and pokervt. I was member of stoxpoker too...

I am playing mainly MTTs now and playing them in ipoker, pacific, everest and boss. PLays there are very different than Pokerstars and FullTiltPoker.
    All the training sites I mentioned have PS and FTP videos.

I am looking for MTT videos for lets say ipoker type players, or pacific, or everest... any ideas?

thanks!

Don't know any training sites that offer this, on card runners one of timex's earlier videos had him winning a turbo games on poker stars which prob has a very similar blind sturcture to the euro site torunaments.

I think the basic differences are the players are shoving tigher ranges so don't call all in's as lightly and with the stack sizes being so short you normally can't open as lightly either but people are restealing less so sometimes you can get away with it depending on the stacks to act after you.

I'm not a member of that irish training site, any1 know if they have any euro site torunie vids?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

PokerPwnage is probably the best MTT training site around. Most of their videos are conducted by American instructors, therefore on FT or Stars.

PokerVT has Annette Obrestad - Annette15 who is a Betfair pro who might do some European Stuff. Also, she is sickkkkk

PokerSwat - Andy Ward does alot of MTT stuff on stars, party and ladbrokes. I haven't seen any of them, but they are rated highly.

DC, Leggo, CR all have MTT stuff but little if any on European sites. CR have about 240 MTT videos. DC and Leggo don't really compete in the MTT field.

Training videos intentions are to teach the fundamentals of poker (MTT play). A solid foundation in this should allow the player to adapt to all types of opponents IMO, although I can see a reason for wanting to see someone playing in your games etc... I do it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭Lurker1977

PokerPwnage is probably the best MTT training site around. Most of their videos are conducted by American instructors, therefore on FT or Stars.

Training videos intentions are to teach the fundamentals of poker (MTT play). A solid foundation in this should allow the player to adapt to all types of opponents, although I can see a reason for wanting to see someone playing in your games.

PokerVT has Annette Obrestad - Annette15 who is a Betfair pro who might do some European Stuff. Also, she is sickkkkk

PokerSwat - Andy Ward does alot of MTT stuff on stars, party and ladbrokes. I haven't seen any of them, but they are rated highly.

DC, Leggo, CR all have MTT stuff but little if any on European sites. CR have about 240 MTT videos. DC and Leggo don't really compete in the MTT field.

Training videos intentions are to teach the fundamentals of poker (MTT play). A solid foundation in this should allow the player to adapt to all types of opponents IMO, although I can see a reason for wanting to see someone playing in your games etc... I do it myself.

But is it the intention of the training videos to teach me the fundamentals of poker, along with a solid foundation allowing me tyo adapt to all types of opponents?

Also, is this set in stone?

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Stoko

I agree that fundamentals are good but I want details :)

In PS and FTP you can see lots of steals and re-steals, 3bets, 4bets etc..

In PacificPoker or ipoker ppl usually dont 3bet light or try steal light.. usually you need a hand to go over the top of someone in those poker sites, that is in comparison with PS and FTP where you could resteal lighter (in general)

Its different dynamics between USA players and EU players. I want videos on EU sites where I play and want to see how to exploit best the generic type of oponents in those sites... I watched too many viodeos in PXF, PokerVT, stoxpoker, sngicons, sitngogrinders :)

Annette is not in PokerVT for a long time.. she did 1 video really and thats all...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

Stoko wrote: »
    In PacificPoker or ipoker ppl usually dont 3bet light or try steal light.

You make this sound like a bad thing!!

I haven't played an MTT in years, so I cant comment.

AFAIK, Annette has done a bit for VT.

From the VT website:

ONLINE STRATEGY WITH ANNETTE OBRESTAD
    More added on a regular basis.
    Learn To pick Your Spots in a Tournament (6 Segments)
    Annette's Infamous Blind MTT (8 Segments)
    2007 World Series Of Poker Europe (9 Segments)

She has also done a questions and answers piece on the Blind 180 Man Tournie.
    Also, VT have other MTT pros like Adam Junglen with content on the site.

Dont, get me wrong for MTT strategy, I recommend Pwnage. There aren't an awful lot of European MTT training videos in the market. There are a few as mentioned above, but Pwnage have the best MTT content available. VT have Annette who does the vids on betfair, and Andy Ward has some on pokerswat done on laddies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Stoko

yup thats all
    1 MTT video - Learn To pick Your Spots in a Tournament (6 Segments) she plays some Betfair tables and is not the best videos I have seen...

The blind MTT is more like SNG

Then the other video is more for live games...

She is not with them for long time.. they keep videos but dont have her. There will be no new videos from her on the website.

I watched all of the JCarver, Daniel Neg., spacegravy videos and few fro mthe others but they are all MTTs on PS and FTP (different players, different structures) different size of fields..

Advertisement