Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

opinion on this dress

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

miles teg wrote: »

i think it looks nice on the model but might not look so good on a "normal" person.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭MoonDancer

I love it, would be perfect on a night out. The leather would seem very subtle in the club.
    You should get it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Id only wear a dress like that clubbing. Its lovely but only if you have the figure the model has to pull it off :p

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I think it looks a bit tacky, tbh. But if you're really tall and have a figure like the model, you could probably pull it off. I wouldn't try it if you have any lumps and bumps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I saw that and loved it - but it's too short for me. Still though, go for it - I'd actually wear this as a casual day dress if I could.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭mullingar

From a male point of view, very nice, but you need to be a bit of a tall 'twig' to wear it.

I see its only available in a size 8 & 10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

EEE, don't know about that, OP. As material for clothing, is it practical? And as few have said, it'd be awful on anyone carrying as much as an ounce of extra weight. It's a nice style OP but I'm not so sure about the leather, wouldn't be for me anyway...only my opinion though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭BlueSpiral

EEE, don't know about that, OP. As material for clothing, is it practical? And as few have said, it'd be awful on anyone carrying as much as an ounce of extra weight. It's a nice style OP but I'm not so sure about the leather, wouldn't be for me anyway...only my opinion though.

Everyone remembers the Friends episode with Ross and his leather trousers I'm sure.

I'd be awful careful buying that dress OP, as its going to come along with a lot of risks. Along with having to have the frame for it, if you wear it to a club you're going to be sweating the whole night in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭miles teg

Thanks for responses. I think there's slightly more yays so far but will have to think about it. I'm shocked Kintaro hasn't dropped by to give his no doubt glowingly positive thoughts :D Must be on holiday or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

image1xl.jpg

Too much like a bin liner in my very, brutally honest opinion...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Was it on Xpose at some stage? Or something on TV3? (Do Xpose do fashion?)

Not a fan tbh. I thought it would look good on a model rather than a mannequin as I've seen it previously but I don't think it looks great. It's a bit shapeless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I think the idea is nice, but you'd be getting comments all night long from guys. One time I wore a leather pencil skirt and all these creepy guys came up and told me how they liked leather on ladies. Not nice.

I'd leave it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Looks a bit like a black plastic bag I think... I don't think it even looks good on the model tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

I think it looks good, but a bit pricey. Id think you could get a similar outfit (yes I'm male) in a vintage shop. Model has the right complexion, physique and hair for it. I dont for example think it would suit Mary Harney :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,013 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Well I was busy busy busy this evening and only found time to vist boards now. It's a lovely dress miles but as you can see opinion is divided. My own lady has something similar and I have to say it looks lovely on her, she looks very elegant in it but she has a great figure and is quite tall.

As many posters have said you really need to be tall and to have a good figure to pull the dress off. Leather has been in the high streets for the last year or so and it's not going to look out of place in the right enviornment. It could be worn to a club or even to a nice restaurant. If you really like the dress have a look for something similar in say Zara or TK Maxx to get an idea of what it might look like in reality.

Personally I think it looks lovely. Zara had a hideous leather dress about two years ago which apparently sold very well for them. The one on the Asos website looks infinitely better and I'm sure should you go for it that it won't be regretted.
    Pythia wrote: »
    I think the idea is nice, but you'd be getting comments all night long from guys. One time I wore a leather pencil skirt and all these creepy guys came up and told me how they liked leather on ladies. Not nice.

I'd leave it.

That's just weird..... where were you. That's never happened to my other half thankfully.

dudara wrote: »
    I saw that and loved it - but it's too short for me. Still though, go for it - I'd actually wear this as a casual day dress if I could.

Wow and ehhhh wow again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Hmm, I wouldn't be mad about leather in general but I work in River Island and we have a leather dress in stock atm which is flying out of the place! I thought it'd never sell but it actually looks AMAZING on, gives a great shape and I've seen it on women of different sizes and it has always looked good!

So I say try it on and see 'cause it's hard to tell sometimes! It could be gorgeous. I've been converted from thinking leather dresses are a bit cheap and I honestly think that one is quite nice. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

On that model... holy f*ck.. YES!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 willobrien1

Stunning dress, dressy and not too risque either, would have to go for the same style shoes wit it tho!!! Go for it!!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

I love it, would definitely wear it myself if I had the legs for it, unfortunately I don't. :( It would be great with really high dominatrix-type shoes, and not much else in the way of accessories.

As others have said though it might end up being very sweaty and icky in a nightclub!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Greyham

• Registered Users Posts: 9 willobrien1

Greyham wrote: »
    if you click on "view catwalk " on the bottom of the picture , those are the shoes shes wearing

you have good fashion sense

or clicked on view catwalk

lol.... thanx, nope didn't click view catwalk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭xXxnaoisexXx

On i size 8 women, yes it would be nice with a black pair of black heals.
    not to flattering to anyone else.

On i size 8 women, yes it would be nice with a black pair of black heals.
    not to flattering to anyone else.

Ah not so true I think. My other half is a size 12 but rather tall and a similar dress looks fantastic on her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭xXxnaoisexXx

Ah not so true I think. My other half is a size 12 but rather tall and a similar dress looks fantastic on her.

Okay true but height makes a big difference, a size 12 5foot nothing girl wouldnt look as good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Avenuegirl

Only if she wanted to earn back the price of the dress....
    I think Pythia has a point about creepy men!

Honestly, I think the dress looks cheap. If you want a leather dress you could find way nicer examples. Even French Connection has a nicer one. Leather is one of those things that gets WAY better as it gets pricier.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Electrisco-pops

Go for it if you have the money, its something different and people like that. And don't mind what peolpe say when they say you have to be skinny. If your a size 10 and your short it would still look great.
    However, can't imagine it would be very comfortable, especially if you were dancing in a club as the leather looks kinda thick!
    Anyway let us know how you get on if you get it. Maybe I'll buy it for my girlfriend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

janeybabe wrote: »

Yup! It was on Xpose last week. Found the clip on the website! It got Star Buy of the week! - The woman shows how to accessorise the dress for a dressed down and up look! :)

Don't think the dress would be for me, I'm not big into leather, but it could look amazing on the right person.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭boredboard

definitely not a good look... the model, stunning as she is, barely pulls off the look... a definite no from me :0) Is it from the 'derelicte'(sp?) range of clothing??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭miles teg

So herself liked the look of it and tried it on. It looked fantastic on her (it's actually very well cut) so ended up getting it. She's not a stick thin size 0 either so if any of the good ladies here likes it but thinks they're too big, try it on before dismissing it.
    Cheers...I'm happy :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I like it.
    Was thinking of getting a leather dress actually. Might get that one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

janeybabe wrote: »

Not a fan tbh. I thought it would look good on a model rather than a mannequin as I've seen it previously but I don't think it looks great. It's a bit shapeless.

It was on xpose ;)

I actually like it, but I've seen it in person and I definitely don't think it's worth €150. I think a great leather jacket would be a better investment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Saw this on a lady today and it was simply beautiful, she was no gamine. I'd never seen anything like it in Cork before :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

That dress is as sonic youth say, "total trash"

miles teg wrote: »
    So herself liked the look of it and tried it on. It looked fantastic on her (it's actually very well cut) so ended up getting it. She's not a stick thin size 0 either so if any of the good ladies here likes it but thinks they're too big, try it on before dismissing it.
    Cheers...I'm happy :D

Well congragulations miles, I'm glad you're both happy with it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭1071823928

i think its a really nice dress, but i dont think it would be worth the money..... seems very expensive for a dress that is really hit or miss!!
    cant see that trend hanging around long and you might not like it or get the wear out of it.
    i really like leather minis but i think a leather dress would be a bit too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭pookie82

Oh my god for something so simply cut that is HOT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

expensive dress that looks cheap...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

Yup! It was on Xpose last week. Found the clip on the website! It got Star Buy of the week! - The woman shows how to accessorise the dress for a dressed down and up look! :)

Don't think the dress would be for me, I'm not big into leather, but it could look amazing on the right person.

oh god that whole thing was a bit too scary for me. Leather can look class ie a jacket or mini but not this, sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭forestfruits

it looks a bit PVC ish!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭tanyaog2007

i really like it , sliver cessories and good high heels and she will b away with it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Bryce1086

It is amazing... get it, wear it

Mod Edit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I tried it on a while back. Was just...uncomfortable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Bryce1086

http://www.leathericon.com/purchase/womensleatherdresses.aspx

I am sorry that it was uncomfortable.. leather should be very comfortable when worn, looks like the design could make it a bit that way... better fitted dresses seem to have better lining and girls I know who have worn them seem to like them, I have attatched a sight for some dresses, skirts, pants, etc. that you might enjoy looking through.
    also a good site I have always ordered pants and jackets from for my motorcycle is www.jaminleather.com very very good prices...

Bryce1086 wrote: »
    http://www.leathericon.com/purchase/womensleatherdresses.aspx

I am sorry that it was uncomfortable.. leather should be very comfortable when worn, looks like the design could make it a bit that way... better fitted dresses seem to have better lining and girls I know who have worn them seem to like them, I have attatched a sight for some dresses, skirts, pants, etc. that you might enjoy looking through.
    also a good site I have always ordered pants and jackets from for my motorcycle is www.jaminleather.com very very good prices...

I'd be very wary of buying anything from the website below. That's Kate Moss' body with someone else's head badly photoshopped on!

http://www.leathericon.com/dresses/stud-designed-leather-dress-775.aspx#

EDIT: Hmnn Doubly Dodgy. I'd wager that http://www.leathericon.com/dresses/paneled-leather-halter-gown-764.aspx"]this dress below is Angelina Jolie's body with someone else's head badly photoshopped again.

Advertisement