Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Porting During Contract...

• 07-09-2009 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭

Hey Guys,

I've decided to port over to Meteor and one of there new offers, but i'm currently under contact with O2. Got about 3 months left, so it'll only cost about 180 to jump ship.

Now to cancel the contract is a long process with written confirmations and stuff, plus it'll take about a month to wait for the final direct debit etc.

Can I just port now and deal with O2 fees later?
    Was onto Comreg and they said that once my account is active with no outstanding balance O2 must release the number....

Sounds to good to be true. Anyone?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

As far as I can remember.. you can port and they'll just send you your final bill with the rental for the last 3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭justindublin

I'll get in touch with Comreg again I guess and ask for more details on that rule.
    Then get in touch with O2 and double check it all with them.

Just last think I was is to be left with like an unported number and a suspended account or something.

How long does porting from Bill Pay one network to another usually take?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭coillcam

Best thing to do first is switch your plan/tariff to the cheapest one that is possible. That way when you get the final bill it will be obviously X no. of months times the monthly charge. The cost to you is then reduced.

Port away telling meteor you are under contract. Just make sure you switch the tariff with o2 before you switch. You will get the final bill then from o2 for 3 months as helimachoptor said after you switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭coillcam

I'll get in touch with Comreg again I guess and ask for more details on that rule.
    Then get in touch with O2 and double check it all with them.

Just last think I was is to be left with like an unported number and a suspended account or something.

How long does porting from Bill Pay one network to another usually take?

For just one handset/number it should only take a few hours from when the new network notifies you, basically the signal is lost with your current network/handset. Then boot up the new network's phone/sim and you're online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

As far as I can remember.. you can port and they'll just send you your final bill with the rental for the last 3 months.
    coillcam wrote: »
    Best thing to do first is switch your plan/tariff to the cheapest one that is possible. That way when you get the final bill it will be obviously X no. of months times the monthly charge. The cost to you is then reduced.

This.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

I must contact COMREG as I tried to port a phone that was out of contract from Three and they were looking for 30 days notice.

Looks like a new term and condition they added to make sure people cant leave.

Advertisement