Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boccy's American Football betting thread

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭boccy23

boccy23 wrote: »
    The plays are as follows:

Colts -12 versus the 49ers
    Jets -3 versus the Phins
    Saints -10 versus the Falcons

I like the Colts all season and with Alex Smith starting, I fear the niners will turn the ball over too much on the road and the Colts will triumph.

The Jets lost on a last minute TD in Miami a couple of weeks ago and Rex called out the team. This will be a revenge killing. They will get back to basics, run the ball, get Sanchise to manage the game and cover.

Finally I have been on the Saints all year and will continue to do. They have won all games by double digits. Have won throwing the ball, running the ball, with the lead and coming from behind. The Falcons were made to look bad by a mediocure Dallas team last week. So I take the Saints to cover.

Well this week I went down in flames. All three wrong.

On Sunday, after five minutes of the Colts game, I knew they wouldn't cover. It's funny, but when a team has to cover a large margin, the first quarter will tell a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Matt Santos

Not gonna give a huge synopsis so will just give the bet selections this week.
    I like Baltimore to beat Cinncinatti (-3). Tough as teak and a divisional game makes the Ravens a good punt.
    Seattle at home to Detroit (-10). Detroit in free fall and Seattle are either winning big or getting stuffed. I think they win here.
    Houston to cover +9 in Indianapolis. The Colts werre on fire but San Francisco may have shown some weakness in the secondary.
    Giants are getting exposed in a big way and are showing nop form this past three weeks. Chargers may catch them so with 4.5 pts on side they look the value.
    Pittsburgh going to the Mile High. Denver having come undone last week may not have the ability to bounce back the following week against the defending Superbowl champs. The running game to cripple the Broncos.
    Carolina getting 13 against New Orleans looks safe until closer inspection. I feel the Saints will win it but closer than 13 does me.
    Green Bay will be smarting after last week and Tampa are just crap! Rodgers to serve them up a huge score.
    Dallas in Philadelphia with 3 pts looks an unusual one but the performance of the Eagles a fortnight ago shows they can self destruct. Romo on form and its a done deal. Basically you are getting even money on good Romo turning up with the possibility that a bad Romo can still win with a blow up from Philly.

Treble is.........
    Baltimore -3
    Seattle -10
    Pittsburgh -3

Next best then are.........
    Green Bay, Dallas, Chargers, Houston and Carolina.

Best of luck guys

Treble is.........
    Baltimore -3
    Seattle -10
    Pittsburgh -3

Next best then are.........
    Green Bay, Dallas, Chargers, Houston and Carolina.

Its hard to believe that the Nap for the last few weeks has been the team that eventually lets me down! 9 selections and two of them are wrong and I manage to put them in to my bets.

Anyway, forget week nine! Week 10 is upon us now and mid week game now to contend with.
    Atlanta (-1.5) Carolina
    Buffalo (+6.5) Tennesse
    Cincinatti (+7) Pittsburgh
    Dallas (-3) Green Bay
    Denver (-4) Washington
    Detroit (+16.5) Minnesota
    Jacksonville (+6.5) New York Jets
    Kansas (+1.5) Oakland
    Patriots (+3) Indianapolis
    New Orleans (-13.5) St. Louis
    Philadelphia (+2.5) San Diego
    Seattle (+9) Arizona
    Tampa Bay (+9.5) Miami
    The Monday night game is
    Baltimore at Cleveland.....

Treble of doom this week..........

Miami -3 @ Buffalo
    Indianapolis -3.5 @ Houston
    Seattle -3 @ St. Louis

But its all about the Monday night game that we cant see on tv! (Thanks Sky, you pack of hungry tramps from hell!!)

Does Tom an Co. bounce back from the Colts and roll over Drew Brees and the arm of America!:eek:

Pittsburgh -6 Cleveland
    New Orleans -9.5 Atlanta
    Denver +7 Indianapolis
    Buffalo Scratch Kansa City
    Detroit +13 Baltimore
    Miami +3 Jacksonville
    New York Jets -3.5 Tampa Bay
    Cincinatti +7 Minnesota
    Green Bay -3 Chicago
    Carolina +13.5 New England
    Seattle +6 Houston
    Washington -1 Oakland
    St. Louis +13 Tennesse
    San Diego +3 Dallas
    Philadelphia +1 New York Giants
    Arizona -3.5 San Francisco

Miami, Arizona and Carolina look safe IMO.........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 DelMedio

Anyone have any thought on the final weekends fixtures. Hard to know what teams are going to be fielded for some of the big teams who have already gone through....any thoughts????

Advertisement