Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Left 4 Dead?

• 07-09-2009 1:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭

Just picked it up cheap on ebay, in online co-op mode would it make a difference that i don't have a mic? Looked up reviews and such looks good but very hectic!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

zero19 wrote: »
    would it make a difference that i don't have a mic?

Huge difference... you should pick up a headset for €20 or less... it makes a huge difference for me, when you can't tell people to watch out, hold up, heal me, use your pain pills, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Must pick up a headset so! Cheers dude

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭meducation

its definitely an advantage in some cases but there are alot of silent types on l4d so it may make no difference!
    still a great game though!
    enjoy

Don't think I've ever been (un)lucky (depending on whether the guys are idiots) to have a game where nobody has been talking... it could make it much more boring and way more difficult, because you if one person goes out on his own and gets caught in a horde, he's screwed.... makes it more difficult to move like a team which you need to do... especially on the higher difficulty.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Left 4 Dead is all about teamwork! You've got to be talking to your team mates!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭theUbiq

You need a headset - lot's of people will kick you from the game if you don't have a headset!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Just picked it up cheap on ebay, in online co-op mode would it make a difference that i don't have a mic? Looked up reviews and such looks good but very hectic!

Did you not get a headset with your 360 when you bought it?

Those jacks on the headset are fairly fragile, so he could have broken it.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Did you not get a headset with your 360 when you bought it?
    Nope i got a arcade system really cheap (jasper model too!) so buying the best of chinese for the HDD, Recharge battery and headset!

Nope i got a arcade system really cheap (jasper model too!) so buying the best of Chinese for the HDD, Recharge battery and headset!

Theres nothing those lads can't make :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 edd027

might pick this game up today is it any good just askin for opinions

Most people seem to like it but i traded it in as soon as i finished it, wasn't what i hoped for, a bit repetitive and samey after the first few plays, that said there is new DLC coming which might freshen it up a bit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

The new DLC is out today! It's 560 points, for a new campaign mission.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I haven't played in a while, normally play co-op but my younger brother won't play anymore.

Any other boardsies feel like a game this week? Nothing too serious, just a bit of fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

The new campaign is great fun! Well worth the points for the amount of time and fun you'll get out of it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

just kicked off the download of the new DLC. hoping to get the old team together tonight to rifle through it! Great to have something new in this game and hoping it's going to be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Right just played through the new Crash Course map there a number of times and have to say it is good fun but it's full of bugs. It doesn't seem like there was much testing done of it at all. Some of the things I noticed were

looking through a doorway from outside you can see the horizon and nothing in the room until you enter. Same when you enter the room and look back out.

All fences and guard rails you can walk through.

Your able to walk through alot of crates and containers. Even seen people get smokered into a container and a guy got pinned by the witch after she knocked him through a solid container wall to the inside.

When completing the campaign you end with a view from what seems to be under the map and don't see the vehicle drive away.

It's still enjoyable to play and they do seem to have tweaked some of the difficulty. The bugs are not game breaking but they are very distracting. For a product your paying over 500 pts for I'd have expected it to have gone through some testing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

^ ^ ^

I didnt notice any of these bugs whatsoever?? :confused:

Advertisement