Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N96 keypad f****d

• 07-09-2009 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭

My pride and joy the lovely Nokia N96...

I think I got a couple of drops of water on the keypad... the lights started flickering on some buttons and a few keys wouldnt work, unfortunately those numbers were the ones in my PIN, but aa hair dryer has restored functionality. However the C Cancel button now needs a tonne of pressure to register, and using the phone is a pain

Whats the story with that Nokia Centre in Cork, I've never used it, I don't want to leave my priceless! phone with photos and so on in there while they copy off my texts and stuff!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Why dont you backup all the photos, texts contacts onto your computer using pc suite. Then you can drop it into them to fix, and you will have a backup to restore if you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 wmMagner

top tip vector:
    never use a hair dryer, radiator or heat sorce to dry out phone's or laptop's it can make it worse.just let them dry out at room temp for a few hours. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭notsobadinc

my n96 keeps freezing alot, screen goes black sometimes-usually when i recieve a message and makes it very difficult to view a message...also anytime i try and update the phone, it fails to do so...
    the batterey is terrible with at most 1 days life...anyone have similar difficulties with their n96???:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭jay28

Its the worst phone I ever had.........my screen has been replaced 3 times now........The battery is dead in less than a day........I threw in the drawer last week and went back to my old phone thats 3 years ols and never let me down, a 6230

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

yes the battery sucks, not so much in that it only lasts a day but in that it changes from three quarters full to power saving mode and then dead in an instant keeping track of the battery life is like keeping track of insulin... you must consider how your usage differed from yesterday, and to compensate accordingly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭nigeloconnor

My N96 is in the repair shop too... left a slightly damp towel on it for 2 mins.. fickle or what.. got it back from Nokia repair shop and its still not perfect.. and now along with the latest firmware v30 which is a step backwards when it comes to stability I've had enough of it..

Advertisement