Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exchange Rate

Options
  • 07-09-2009 2:27pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭

:( Ive picked the wrong time to go to Aus, the exchange rate is getting worse by the day its now at 1.67 to the euro:(, i remember for a whole 9 months it was 2.00 to the euro, im thinking of leaving most of my money here and waiting until the exchange rate goes up. Anyone esle fing themselves in this conurdrum?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Im hoping it continues to strengthen against the euro as im looking to transfer funds back here and so far my patience has earned me 150 euro!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Yup it's crap, I got 1.697 and no fees because I know someone in the bank, but it's still dropped hugely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

I would take the money now, cause it looks like the Aussie Dollar is only gonna get stronger, thats the concencus here anyway

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Mackman wrote: »
    I would take the money now, cause it looks like the Aussie Dollar is only gonna get stronger, thats the concencus here anyway

Its a comodities based currency so hopefully if the price of them go down so will the Aussie, i think this will be a bad winter in the U.S.A with a few more bank collapses and a deeping depression there once the stimulation money is gone, i think i can hold out untill after xmas hopefully, as it should be about 1.90-2.00 again then.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Well it is not going to get any weaker imo. Look at the historic averages and judge from that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Beachband

I'm going to Oz next month and have the same issue, not sure how much AUD to buy, its hovering around 1.69 today, but I am just going to have to buy some, not as much as I intended though.

Also the banks give the worst exchange rate,
    Most brokers dont charge a cent for buying currency, once the amount is over 3k. They aslo give a better exchange rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Beachband wrote: »
    I'm going to Oz next month and have the same issue, not sure how much AUD to buy, its hovering around 1.69 today, but I am just going to have to buy some, not as much as I intended though.

Also the banks give the worst exchange rate,
    Most brokers dont charge a cent for buying currency, once the amount is over 3k. They aslo give a better exchange rate.
    Are you the same Beachband from BE ?

But back on topic try hiFx they give a much better rate than the banks.

Advertisement