Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USA Question

• 07-09-2009 2:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I just wondered if anyone might be able to point me in the right direction with my question... I'm gonna be in the US for 2 weeks and want to know which GSM/3G operator provides a prepay sim that I can get a data bundle on? The previous times I've been to the US I haven't had the same requirement for mobile data. The option I'd like to avoid is paying Vodafone €121 for their 500MB international addon! :eek: From the small amount of searching I've done, the US operators seem to prefer their contracts...

Thanks, B.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭lynchie

Have you tried tmobile. They have an addon of $1/day for web browsing on their pre paid plans

http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/plans/prepaid-plans.aspx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

If its only a small amount of surfing, you could use the vodafone live apn for 99cent each day you use it, giving you 50mb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

Hmm, 50MB a day would probably be fine. Does it really work in the US with no extra cost?

I'm currently on the 1GB ISP Promo though, and I've had a rummage through My Vodafone and only see the normal monthly 500MB live, 1 and 10GB addons, so how do I do this daily live option? Or does it automatically start a 50MB credit and charge you 1 euro if you access the live apn?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

bkehoe wrote: »
    Hmm, 50MB a day would probably be fine. Does it really work in the US with no extra cost?

I'm currently on the 1GB ISP Promo though, and I've had a rummage through My Vodafone and only see the normal monthly 500MB live, 1 and 10GB addons, so how do I do this daily live option? Or does it automatically start a 50MB credit and charge you 1 euro if you access the live apn?

Its not an addon. You just pay as you use. Its 99cent per day for 50MB, then 2c per KB after that. It works in any country that vodafone have a roaming agreement. You have to connect using live.vodafone.com and not isp.vodafone.ie

Advertisement