Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fm104's Dave Kelly off to 2fm???

• 07-09-2009 2:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

Page 28 in The Star yesterday, "104 Boss in Line for 2FM Seat" it goes on to say, FM104 chief Dave Kelly was keeping tight lipped this weekend over rumours he is taking over from former 2FM boss John Clarke. Kelly - who is regarded as one of the most successful radio programmers in the country refused to confirm or deny a move to the National Broadcaster. Speaking to The Star Sunday, Kelly said "I love my job at FM104, I've been with the station for 20 years, but its no secret that 2FM has lost alot of listeners recently and perhaps RTE needs an external pair of hands to turn things around. Maybe it's me, maybe it's not"

Interesting alright, it brought a grin to my face too as on the next page of the paper is a full page ad for FM104s House Competition! :D

Will he make the jump or not???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

Whats FM104 like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭MaltHouse Mouse

deadhead13 wrote: »
    Whats FM104 like?

In what respect???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

The real question is will he take his daughter Lindy with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

In what respect???

I don't get FM104 where I live, just wondering is it similar to 2FM - better or worse?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭GSF

I don't get FM104 where I live, just wondering is it similar to 2FM - better or worse?
    It is pitched at what 2FM was aiming at (late teens & 20's) - just what 2FM is moving away from.

Mostly famous for the Strawberry Alarm Clock (formerly home of Colm & Jim Jim) and also of late night phone shows from Adrian Kennedy featuring assorted low life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭garyt24

Stick with fm104...such a great radio ststion with so much going for it...I only listen to 104...but maybe a change after 20yrs is needed...i just think 104 is the station to be with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭JoeFitz89

John Clarke's show i think wasnt right for the audience 2fm were targeting.I think its right to replace him with a new face and a different type of show.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 andy jackson

sooooo much better than 2fm , i too listen to 104 and nothing else , except when that stupid late night talk show is on, yes , i know , they have to provide 20% current affairs , and this is how they get it coverd , but er , use er someone er who er doesnt er say er every er ten er seconds:mad::mad: ...dave kelly is noted for letting his djs develop their personallities , (something which 2fm jocks dont have!!!!!)

to be honest , i dont think he will make a move , for a number of reasons , the lesser being , colm and jim they left 104 under very very very bad terms............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

Kelly and Hayes still talk regularly enough, I think it'd have been a bigger problem between them if 104 had died on its arse when the boys left.

The position of Head of 2FM is a civil servant job, I don't think any PD from Dublin is going to want to take a pay cut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

...dave kelly is noted for letting his djs develop their personallities , (something which 2fm jocks dont have!!!!!)

That's a bit harsh - there's some great personalities in RTÉ 2fm, they're just held back IMHO.

Any change in management which avoids RTÉ 2fm switching to an older target demo (like BBC R2's) and making a proper stab at being a proper national YOUTH station is a good thing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement