Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blessington

• 07-09-2009 3:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭

Took a trip down this morning, nice day and all...

3895855013_5fea73d3d0.jpg

3895854539_040b8b41f3.jpg

3895854203_908dc5e112.jpg

3895851051_8a8c7f4555.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭sasar

Too much hdr effect for my liking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭elven

sasar, would you consider this not to be heavy hdr effect?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Lol, pwnt!

OP, I wouldn't so much turn down the HDR, I'd turn it off - It dosn't add anything to the images, I'd try some nice contrasted black and whites, if you can add some gradiated contrast curves to get some nice puffy dark sky agains white clouds, it'd make the images stand out far more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Perfect fit

maybe something like this?

3896060933_cd1a4b6059.jpg

Getting there! I think the greys in the clouds could do with a tad more white, and leave some texture detail in the trees, it'll give more definition/scale.

• Advertisement

not sure how to keep the detail in the trees but with the clouds whitened. . .

3896087259_5d85df9388.jpg

If you apply the curves/levels using a layer adjustment mask, rather than working on the actual image, you can use a black/white gradient on the mask after to leave in or out the contrast, as you can with a black/white paintbrush :)

take 3... :)... You cant really see it on the small version but the trees etc are clear in large

3896129539_6528c188f1.jpg

Heh, right, two last things, upper half, left third, there's something there that could be cloned out if you wanted... Aaaand, I'd whiten up the reflections too :)

Advertisement