Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I buy balloons, party poppers, happy birthday signs etc in Dublin city?

Options
  • 07-09-2009 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

Hi all,

Not sure if this is the right section but does anybody know where I can buy balloons, party poppers, happy birthday signs etc in town?

All the shops I thought of seem to be closed now!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

birthdays on grafton st do them afaik.

its downstairs in some other shop :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

There's a place in Donnybrook that does that kind of stuff - 'the party shop'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Nicola xxx

try birthdays in henry street, they have all that stuff. i got all my stuff for my 30th birthday party on ebay lol. arrived in time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Could you go out of the city a little?

The larger Tesco stores have sections for all of that stuff. The one in Finglas does anyway.

Atlantic homecare now have a party section

One Stop Party Shop in Clondalkin I have used a few times.

Otherwise '2 euro' shops in Dublin City are also usually stocked with all those things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Easons?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

The 2 Euro Shops are your best bet. They have lots of party decorations and they're dirt cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Pflano

Barry's Balloons in Glasnevin (?) Industrial Estate - try Goldenpages.ie for correct address

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Nicola xxx wrote: »
    try birthdays in henry street, they have all that stuff. i got all my stuff for my 30th birthday party on ebay lol. arrived in time :)

Closed down!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Closed down!
    Hope the one in Liffey Valley is still open: otherwise I'll have to locate a new place to get cards at.

I second the place on Grafton street. It's under a newsagents, on the left hand side, a quater of the way up, when going from the Trinity side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

There's a party shop in Chapelizod, it's straight in front of you as you go over the bridge, between St Laurence's Road and Chapelizod Hill.

www.party.ie is a good reference site for that kind of stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

the_syco wrote: »
    Hope the one in Liffey Valley is still open: otherwise I'll have to locate a new place to get cards at.

I second the place on Grafton street. It's under a newsagents, on the left hand side, a quater of the way up, when going from the Trinity side.

One in Liffey Valley is still open, well it was 2 weeks ago.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Liffey Valley Birthdays is still open unfortunately - overpriced trash!

€2 shops all the way OP, the ones on Moore St or Abbey St are the best ones I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 pipi

There's a party shop in Chapelizod, it's straight in front of you as you go over the bridge, between St Laurence's Road and Chapelizod Hill.

www.party.ie is a good reference site for that kind of stuff.

I usually buy party ornaments in there!

Earrings

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Orly

I used these guys recently for a whole load of party gear... http://www.dublinballoons.com - nice and friendly too I might add

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Profiler

If you are on the Northside then there is a card shop in the Pavillons in Swords. It has all you are looking for and a bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Profiler

I have a brand new Samsung 2494SW now torn apart on my kitchen table that performs damn well with no obvious issues - other than a hot electrical component smell that gives me a righteous headache. It's not overpowering, but it's enough to make me want to return it, because apparently I'm quite sensitive to it. I've smelled the same odor coming from a prior Acer monitor that I returned (way more malodorous), and a couple CFLs. I can smell a faint odor similar to this in my philips tv and a samsung lcd at work if I put my nose right up to the vents.

So after taking it apart, I've sniffed out the components that stink. It's definitely strongest near the medium-large sized caps and the transformer. I see no visible signs of defect. No bulging, leaking, stains, or dry joints. The caps are Samwha brand, and from what I've gathered they're the WB model.

That is fascinating, really it is... but amm... how does it help the OP with the search for the balloons and the party poppers and the signs for the happy birthday :confused:

Advertisement