Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card Chargeback Question

Options
  • 07-09-2009 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭

Hi,

A quick question my gf used her French visa card to pay for a piece of furniture. To cut a long story short the table never arrived and it looks like the shop we dealt with are closed down. We have tried to contact them via phone and email as well as calling to the shop but no joy. My gf contacted her bank and it was told that there was nothing they could do in respect to a chargeback on the credit card. Is this because she used a foreign card in Ireland?

Regard

Steve.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

She should still be able to initiate a chargeback.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,650 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

stevensi wrote: »
    Hi,

A quick question my gf used her French visa card to pay for a piece of furniture. To cut a long story short the table never arrived and it looks like the shop we dealt with are closed down. We have tried to contact them via phone and email as well as calling to the shop but no joy. My gf contacted her bank and it was told that there was nothing they could do in respect to a chargeback on the credit card. Is this because she used a foreign card in Ireland?

Regard

Steve.

There is no reason why one cannot chargeback a purchase made aboard.

Advertisement