Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRCSET Second Call 2009.

Options
  • 07-09-2009 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know specifically when they're releasing the results for the second calling. The website just says 'September'. Does anyone know any more information?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Irena

All I know is that its mid-September, so maybe start of next week...

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭boru05

Was talking to them yesterday - they reckon next Tues at the earliest as they're waiting on the Dept. of Finance to sign off on the number of available awards.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭DemocAnarchis

Hate being in limbo like this, although when they said mid sept I didn't expect it to be till at least next week anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

Hate being in limbo like this, although when they said mid sept I didn't expect it to be till at least next week anyway.

It's horrible isn't it. :( At this point in time I have absolutely no idea what I'll be doing this time next month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 musterion

Im non european so my chances are less... so its really annoying having to wait that long. Good luck to all!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭gra26

Oh my god I wish they'd hurry up, I'm going mad not knowing!!

The website now says:
    Postgraduate Scholarship competition: It is anticipated that the results of the Postgraduate Scholarship - Second Call 2009 will be published in mid - September.

on the main page. They mustn't be giving the exact date due to the shenanigans that happened for the first call.

Tomorrow hopefully :(

So it was the same for the first call? How long did they take to publish the results ?

So it was the same for the first call? How long did they take to publish the results ?
    AFAIK they gave a specific date for releasing the results and then did not release the results on that date.

Search boards for IRCSET there was a thread similar to this for the first call.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

GaNjaHaN wrote: »
    The website now says:

on the main page. They mustn't be giving the exact date due to the shenanigans that happened for the first call.

Tomorrow hopefully :(

Remember it might not be their call. They could be waiting for an ok from elsewhere. This is multi-annual funding and not a simple yes/no decision. A lot has changed since the second call issued, tax reciepts are still down for example. Blaming IRCSET for 'shenanigans' which are likely way beyond their control won't contribute much.

• Advertisement

Remember it might not be their call. They could be waiting for an ok from elsewhere. This is multi-annual funding and not a simple yes/no decision. A lot has changed since the second call issued, tax reciepts are still down for example. Blaming IRCSET for 'shenanigans' which are likely way beyond their control won't contribute much.

Yea, that's a fair point. Do you think there's any chance that there will be less places available due to funding cuts? :eek:

I hope not. I heard that the 155 places given in the first call was down from previous years due to budget cuts, so i'd expect so. Kinda sucky thing to be cutting in a "knowledge economy" :(

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Markjsca1

Doesn't get more "mid-september" than today....

Buying a Tesla? Get free credits using my referral link https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/mark65212

• Registered Users Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭token56

As somebody said earlier in the thread they are still waiting on confirmation on the number of scholarships they are allowed give out. Also when at a workshop for the second call where I go to college we were told it is more than likely that the number of scholarships for this call will be down. I guess they are trying to get as many as they can considering the times.

Reckon it will still be a couple of days before we hear anything which is quite annoying considering I am due to start soon.

RESULTS ARE THERE NOW!!!

Damn :( A lot fewer places than I expected

31, yeahhhhh that's a really big difference :(

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭japanesebanana

So did anyone get it? Do ye have another other sources of funding?

Well it was ircset or bust for me, going to have to find some kind of employment and try again next time. No way I can afford to pay myself through it.

31 places, no chance. :(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭token56

Very disappointing indeed. Congradulations to anyone who did get it, you deserved it with the level of standard that must have been required. I can only hope against all odds that I get something through the enterprise partnership scheme.

It would be nice to know how close I actually was though.

Advertisement