Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alleged €1 million fraud at Waterford credit union

• 07-09-2009 3:48pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 496 ✭✭

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭Deisekickboxing

aah yea nothing to say from the creddy union bosses except to reassure the members thats their deposits are safe
    & no comment on what way it will affect this years divvy tho??
    im sure the members will get stung from this somehow!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Well they are insured for fraud a presume but the hiked premium will have to be paid for of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

Was that the branch that bought a house in Dunmore for a mil and probably spent as much doing it up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

It always amazes me when you hear of fraud (in general not necessarily this case) of such a sizeable magnitude that the auditors and various others in charge who are trained to detect fraud do not detect/suspect something odd when the amount missing is drastically lower. I guess we have to wait till this story pans out to find out what the real story is.

I hope this doesnt affect my changes of winning a car :D.

• Advertisement
Advertisement