Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subway in UCD?

Options
  • 07-09-2009 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭

Just started today so havent had a chance to look but someone told me there was a Subway(Purveyors of meatball marinara not a subterranean tunnel) in UCD, is this true?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 roadwars

Unless there was one built during the summer, i'm afraid not :(, the closest one is in the Sandyford industrial estate I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

Damnit, i knew it was too good to be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,984 ✭✭✭✭bnt

There is still a Subway-ish sandwich joint: The Grind, in the Student Centre.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Yea it just opened recently. It's beside the lesser lake (not the one with swans in it).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Sean_K wrote: »
    Yea it just opened recently. It's beside the lesser lake (not the one with swans in it).

Really. Excellent. I was not aware of this and I was in UCD all summer working on my thesis. If only I'd known.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

I think we're down to one swan from what i can see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Chet T16 wrote: »
    I think we're down to one swan from what i can see
    Brady must have had a hunting expedition.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭Sarn

You mean down by Woodview House beside Tir na nOg/Lake 2? Not much footfall around there.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭chave

where abouts is this lesser lake?? apropo finding Subway!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,984 ✭✭✭✭bnt

chave wrote: »
    where abouts is this lesser lake?? apropo finding Subway!!!
    Your leg is being pulled. There is no Subway out there, or anything else besides kids getting drunk or stoned. Subway.ie has the addresses of all th Subway outlets in Dublin, and there isn't one at UCD.

I mean, think about it: you would put it where lots of people go, not out in the middle of nowhere.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Is there an O'Brien's (like even though I hear they are all closing)

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭NU8

errlloyd wrote: »
    Is there an O'Brien's (like even though I hear they are all closing)

There's an O'Briens in the Health Science Building (near the Student Centre). AFAIK only unprofitable O'Briens will be closed and I doubt UCD will be one of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Hunty

There's an O'Briens in Richview as well

• Registered Users Posts: 21 DavidHabsburg

There is actually a Subway opening soon, it's going to be downstairs in the Dining Hall on campus.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

There is actually a Subway opening soon, it's going to be downstairs in the Dining Hall on campus.

just saw this the other day. Is it open yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 DavidHabsburg

Unfortunately not. I went up for a look on Thursday but the shutters were down, all the equipment seems to be installed so I'd say it's only a matter of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

IT was definitely open today, amazing times we live in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

I went the other day. Queue was mental! Won't say no to a €3 meatball marinara and drink though

Advertisement