Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One of my electives was unregistered

Options
  • 07-09-2009 4:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Ok so I went to check the summary of my modules on SIS, only to find one of my electives wasn't there anymore. It was definitely confirmed, I got the email saying that it was and I even checked the summary on saturday.

Anyone have an answer to what happened?

Edit: Another strange thing is that the elective still appears on my timetable.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

Could be a fault on SIS. Show up for your lecture, and just check with the lecturer that your registered with them. Or email them before hand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 The_Rave

exact same thing happened me. I got the email confirming my electives, and everything complete , then this happened to me, and i search for it on the elective page and the subject doesn't show up!! I'm 3rd yr eng trying to do
    PHYC10050(astronomy & space science)

OP, same subject by any chance?

Anyway. still a week or 2 to get it sorted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Eamon27

I called up the help desk earlier this morning. Insert-gear was right, it was just a fault on SIS. The woman said the module might be assigning places and it's not appearing on my summary because of that.

As long as the elective appears on your credit statement there's no reason to worry. If there's any doubts just call up the help desk, they're really helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭meathawk

The same thing has happened to me with a core modules in computer science and now I am down 10 credits :S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 The_Rave

my lecturer said its SIS are settin up tutorials for the subject so It is messin around with peoples subject list, summary etc.

So all should be well in a few days , and if not, well... :S !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭shanegj

yea, same thing happened last year
    don't worry about it, it should still be on your timetable

Advertisement