Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much should I Pay the babysitter

Options
  • 07-09-2009 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I have a baby & an independent 3 year old. I provide, the food, nappies etc. to the sitter. The hours are 8.30 to 3.30 i.e 7 hours, 5 days a week. what should I pay? Should there be discount for the 2nd child, eventhough she doesn't mind other kids.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

is the sitter minding the child in your home or their home? that will be a big factor in determining the figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Mommy

is the sitter minding the child in your home or their home? that will be a big factor in determining the figure.

No she minds them in her house

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

ah so she is a childminder.
    You seem new to this concept this may help.
    http://www.childminding.ie/parents.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Mommy

Ok I rephrase, the child minder.
    Currently she receive 125 euros for the 3 year old. But I know she is considering a large pay increase, which in these recessionary times with 2 kids is difficult.
    So I want to get a feel for the going rate, I live in a small country town, there is not a huge demand for child care at the moment with unemployment & a reduction with the no. of days in the week worked. etc

Creches in the area vary between 190-250 euros for 2 kids. What should a childminder operating from her own home get?

Advertisement