Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Basement Jaxx...

• 07-09-2009 6:01pm

...never liked them (apart from that Where's Your Head At), could never figure out their popularity. But they have plumbed new depths with this 'tune'...I'd say even Bob Sinclar would draw the line at this pap, even Dave Guetta might baulk at working with Sam Sparro...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDqO1skF4fo&feature=fvst

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Absolute muck.

The video makes me want to vomit out my eyeballs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

I request you be banned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭Fintomiginto

Sweet lord of divine Jesus.

May god have mercy on their souls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭Quiggers

Funnily enough, its called "feelings gone",

their last album was dreadful and so was that raindrops single,
    they've lost touch with the scene which is a pity as tracks like "red alert"
    and "good luck" are still danced to when ever i play them, although that is very rarely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Basement Jaxx live are absolutely stunning live,and i defy anyone to say otherwise, im a huge fan but this is rubbish as was their last album,pity as they have released some amazing tunage over the years,they have gone down the pan big time.:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

I'll have to be defied so! I saw them in the Point about 3 years ago and honestly wanted to leave, absolute boring sh*te.... it never went anywhere, just dragged along at the same tempo for the whole thing... which is what I expected, but was convinced to go at the time.

I do like some of their earlier house stuff though, such as this...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭Fintomiginto

I agree with Jonny, think they are brilliant live however I wouldnt pay to see them again as all there new stuff is ****e.

Heres 2 of my favourite Jaxx tunes.

Flylife

Jump & Shout

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Jesus fucking christ. Have they no shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

I hear ya Jonny.Hope you've been keeping an eye on the website!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

not only being one of the best interviews ive ever seen, these guys have some interesting views on basement jacks...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0ET7D4_E4Y

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭franklyshocked

Conor74 wrote: »
    ...never liked them (apart from that Where's Your Head At), could never figure out their popularity. But they have plumbed new depths with this 'tune'...I'd say even Bob Sinclar would draw the line at this pap, even Dave Guetta might baulk at working with Sam Sparro...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDqO1skF4fo&feature=fvst

The simplest of lazy tracks they could possibly (mass)produce.
    Cue another month of drunk girls requesting this crap in every club up and down the length of Ireland.

I had a plastered woman last week request that Guetta/Rowland track three times last week. Then she started sending her mates up.

No Conor, I'm not a fan of whats called catchy cheesy tunes either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭Quiggers

I've been herassed for the akon/guetta track and the black eyed peas,
    i used to have a strict no repeats policy but that can be waved depending on how hot the girl asking for it is but i'll do my best to leave atleast an hour between replays even if the girl is sex on legs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

The first time i saw Basement Jaxx was when they were supportint Orbital in the point in dec 99. Roger Sanchez played before them and he absolutely hammered out the tunes (this was slightly before he became a comercial whore). BJs came on and completely destroyed the buzz and thankfully Orbital cranked it up a bit to finish off the night.

Then the next time i saw them was in Marlay Park with Underworld 4 years ago. They were absolutely brilliant, I couldn't believe it was the same band that played in the Point. They had the whole place rocking and i was astounded by how much they'd improved.

Obviously looking at that they've gone back a fair bit again.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I saw them in Marlay Park as well years ago and they were great! I'd be a fan of lots of their stuff, but man that is some horrible generic tripe. Even taking my snob hat off and judging it just as a charty pop track its still sh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Yell0 Man

I rememeber years ago prior to the release of Remedy, they played in the kitchen. By far the best night i had there, the place was jammed plus they had the vocalists singing pretty much in the crowd, the energy in the place that night was repeated on to few occassions over my 5 years attending. But after the second album i've listened to them less and that track is just cack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

It should be Sam Sparro featuring Basement Jaxx rather than the other way around. I did like Raindrops so holding out some hope for the album at this stage.

Advertisement