Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Picking up train tickets without the card

• 07-09-2009 6:16pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hello. Does anyone know if the above is possible? I want to buy a rail ticket for someone, but won't be there at the station when they are picking up the ticket. Is there a code or something I can send her that she can enter instead of inserting a card?
    She'll be in Heuston so she'll have the use of the machine, but it will be before the ticket agents open so want to make sure it's ok.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

dory wrote: »
    Hello. Does anyone know if the above is possible? I want to buy a rail ticket for someone, but won't be there at the station when they are picking up the ticket. Is there a code or something I can send her that she can enter instead of inserting a card?She'll be in Heuston so she'll have the use of the machine, but it will be before the ticket agents open so want to make sure it's ok.

No

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,721 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

dory wrote: »
    Hello. Does anyone know if the above is possible? I want to buy a rail ticket for someone, but won't be there at the station when they are picking up the ticket. Is there a code or something I can send her that she can enter instead of inserting a card?
    She'll be in Heuston so she'll have the use of the machine, but it will be before the ticket agents open so want to make sure it's ok.

Did you read the T&C in the Irish Rail site ???

At the end it states
    The ticket(s) may be collected by the credit/laser card holder on presentation of the credit/laser card used to make the booking. If the appropriate card is not presented, then the ticket(s) may only be collected by presenting one of the following:
    1. a form of identification such as a valid driving license or passport, or
    2. an alternative laser/credit card to the one used for the booking that matches the passenger name under the booking number

provided however that Iarnród Éireann reserves the right, at its absolute discretion, not to furnish any ticket to any person other than the holder of the laser/credit card used for the booking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,344 ✭✭✭markpb

The last time I picked up tickets in Heuston, you could enter the Passenger Record number (or something similar) from the ticket and it printed the tickets without the card. It could have changed since then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 maga 32

Once you have I.D and res. num you can pick the ticket up at the booking office

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

maga 32 wrote: »

Correct - the person picking it up will need to bring their passport/Driving License as well as the reseveration number(ideally with the journey printed out)

Brgds
    Johnny

• Advertisement

maga 32 wrote: »

The thing is, the OP says "before" the ticket office opens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

nipplenuts wrote: »
    The thing is, the OP says "before" the ticket office opens

Thought the ticket office opens at about 630am, have got a ticket from there in the past well before the 710 train to Galway...

Brgds
    Johnny

jkmanc1974 wrote: »
    Thought the ticket office opens at about 630am, have got a ticket from there in the past well before the 710 train to Galway...

Brgds
    Johnny

I would have thought so too, Johnny. But the OP says otherwise...........

Advertisement