Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnes Ammo

Options
  • 07-09-2009 6:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hey all, first thread here. Can anyone direct me to a supplier of Barnes all copper ammunition? Having seen their the home page I have to admit I'm interested in trying out this ammo for myself. Not too sure about the Varmint Grenade usage here in Ireland though. Anyone got any views on this I'd like to hear them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

BagnTagEm wrote: »
    Hey all, first thread here. Can anyone direct me to a supplier of Barnes all copper ammunition? Having seen their the home page I have to admit I'm interested in trying out this ammo for myself. Not too sure about the Varmint Grenade usage here in Ireland though. Anyone got any views on this I'd like to hear them.

the 110grs work very well in the .270

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭foxshooter243

BagnTagEm wrote: »

I have used their varmint grenades and they are not all they are cracked up to be, in my opinion youll find Hornady v max hard to beat on warm targets- I ran a test of sorts with a 223 - Firsty I shot 100 36 grain varmint grenades at greycrows and magpies -then i rezeroed with 40 grain hornady v max and fired 100 shots to compare the effect of bullet impact on warm targets of both bullets. The Hornady v max produced more spectacular results on impact:eek::D. Reloaders tend to find the varmint grenades dont make as accurate a load as v max either.

Advertisement