Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stalls @ the milk market...

Options
  • 07-09-2009 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

Hello! I am wondering if anyone knows who to talk to about getting a stall to sell things at the market? Ive been told my american style baking is legendary and my mister wants to sell some household plants. Any info would be appreciated! Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

try to contact the Limerick Chamber
    Limerick Chamber
    96 O`Connell St,
    Limerick
    Tel: 061 415180
    (the market trustees9

or go and ask tom. his office is directly at the market beside Cafe Lazio

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Go see Tom, his office is just inside the gate to the left, approachiing from Watergate. he is there most of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,312 ✭✭✭✭phog

You could also try the indoor market in the "old" ball bearing factory, behind the Radisson Hotel. Opens every Sunday fro around 10 to mid afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

AFAIK there is a waiting list, a relation of mine applied for a stand a long time ago and was only offered on recently enough. Think he applied to the corporation...

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

What about trying the farmers market at UL? Held every Tuesday between 12 and 5.30pm in the students union courtyard. Contact colin.fitzpatrick@ul.ie for more info.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭brid_m

hey ring Limerick Chamber on 415180 and ask for Tom Toomey's mobile number, as he's the guy you'll want to talk to and its the best way to get in touch with him

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭supermommy

I will definately look into the UL market as well. Do they get a lot of traffic? Im up for anywhere that will let me sell my stuff really... unless they charge a small fortune to do so.
    A waiting list would be fine..as long as it was worth it in the end..

Anyone have any American style baked goods they desire? I am a semi master at baked cheesecakes, cookies and choccie fudge cakes.. I plan on handing out samples with business cards.. :D

Thanks for all the help!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

The UL one gets a fair bit of traffic - students, staff, Castletroy locals. As far as I can see there's still room.

Give me samples if you're there, I'll tell everyone they're wonderful, assuming that they are. My interests include baked cheesecakes, cookies and choccie fudge cakes:)

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭gtothek

My wife got a stall at the Milk Market a couple of years ago selling baked goods etc & found it very difficult. She was on the outer part of the market & people just weren't buying enough stuff to make it worthwhile. You should hold out & get into the inner part of the market. your goods will sell alot better in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭bonzer1again

The market in UL, has at the moment one baker : breads scones cakes and buns etc, one confectioner: chocolates biscuits brownies etc, bit of an overlap between the two stalls...it has a huge foot fall during semester and is especially popular with students....you should call out and see it, Colin is the person to talk to about getting a pitch and he is down at the market a lot of the time.....they'd also email all the staff in UL highlighting the list of stalls available so good advertising too. Good Luck with it, as a UL staff member I'll keep an eye out for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭supermommy

Hey thanks for all your help!
    I dont mind starting off slow, mebbie via word of mouth n such but I do think I have some kind of potential.
    The milk market is getting an upgrade and not letting out new stalls at the moment so I think I should put that one on the back burner. I want to check out as many markets as I can once I am working less, hopefully get in the UL one next week. I am getting ready to be part time at work so will have a lil more time to do some things.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

supermommy wrote: »
    hopefully get in the UL one next week.
    :D

Let us know if you do, I'll make sure to pop over and get something :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Let us know if you do, I'll make sure to pop over and get something :)

Me too. :)
    I got so much stuff at the market last week

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

supermommy wrote: »
    I will definately look into the UL market as well. Do they get a lot of traffic? Im up for anywhere that will let me sell my stuff really... unless they charge a small fortune to do so.
    A waiting list would be fine..as long as it was worth it in the end..

Anyone have any American style baked goods they desire? I am a semi master at baked cheesecakes, cookies and choccie fudge cakes.. I plan on handing out samples with business cards.. :D

Thanks for all the help!

These samples you talk about... :pac::pac:

Advertisement