Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your first day

Options
  • 07-09-2009 6:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

So everyone, how'd your first day go? Did it live up to expectations? Wasn't my first day, so just a normal day for me...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭AlanSparrowhawk

the girls in UCD are class, much better than DCU/TCD

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭cue

Loved it. A lot different than the last time I was in education. The sun even came out!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

The classes were good so i suppose thats a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

The first lecture of my masters was cancelled today... after me waiting until 4pm. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ColmDawson

It was quite good; the modules look like they'll be interesting. I was surprised at the amount of people in my Irish lecture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Parking was very very difficult to get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭TirNaNog.

Parking was very very difficult to get.

what time did you arrive at?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

ColmDawson wrote: »
    It was quite good; the modules look like they'll be interesting. I was surprised at the amount of people in my Irish lecture.

That's the only time they'll all be there :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Yeh folks, the first two weeks and the last two weeks of the semester are usually the busiest, in between these two periods (and holidays of course), it's pretty quiet. The wasters will find their niches in the market (getting gee-eyed till the essay is due or till the exams). The busiest days of the week are Monday to Thursday. I miss the place already!;)

TirNaNog. wrote: »
    what time did you arrive at?

11:15. I didn't have a lecture til 12, which I missed half of lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

11:15. I didn't have a lecture til 12, which I missed half of lol

And you actually found parking at 12.30?! I'm impressed!

Don't bother trying to park on campus. There are roads within easy walking distance of the campus where you can park for free and easily. I did it for 4 years.

Anyway my first day was LAST Monday in Cappagh Hospital out in Finglas. I won't have a day in Belfield till December. I kind of miss the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

11:15am arrived in SU bar, 11:15pm left the SU bar. My ears have been ringing all day and my head is in bits but I made it to my 9 o'clock this morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

the girls in UCD are class, much better than DCU/TCD

OMG no wai!!!1!!!cos(0)!!

The girls are a pain in the hole. The goys ore worse.

I didn't enjoy my Sociology lecture. First-year Arts ftl.

Also another thingy... The heat in the Lecture Theatre L is unreal :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I would probably appreciate the place more if I went to bed earlier.

I had 4 hours between lectures on Monday. I walked around the same building about 5 times and sat somewhere and played Pokémon. I got annoyed because I couldn't find the move deleter man. That was the most eventful part of my day.

I wish more people I knew decided to go. Away with this new friends nonsense. :pac:

Everybody in UCD looks and sounds the same. And I mean that. I cannot tell people apart, it's like God didn't have enough models for the NPCs. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Kournikova

Davidius wrote: »

I wish more people I knew decided to go. Away with this new friends nonsense. :pac:

I feel the same, orignially I thought it would be great meeting new people know it just seems like everyone knows someone anyway and are in their little cliques. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

I had 4 hours between lectures on Monday. I walked around the same building about 5 times and sat somewhere and played Pokémon. I got annoyed because I couldn't find the move deleter man. That was the most eventful part of my day.

Join a club or society next week. Seriously, it makes those kind of days bearable.

The first lecture of my masters was cancelled today... after me waiting until 4pm

it's on on wednesday though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Michaelrsh

First day yesterday, lol the seagulls (or whatever that are).:D:P:o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

A lab on my second day in college :confused:

Physics labs *shudder*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

I found your problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Zuffer

I would probably appreciate the place more if I went to bed earlier.

Everybody in UCD looks and sounds the same. And I mean that. I cannot tell people apart, it's like God didn't have enough models for the NPCs. :P

Sounds like you need to get over to the blob in the Arts building.

?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭logic123

i actually really dislike UCD, im a british student, so after a week im leaving tommorow. I dont like the fact that most people here just find UCD a beer fest the rooms are noisey and cant get to sleep till 2 in the morning cause of the noise. So gonna go back to england ands study over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ColmDawson

England should be easier to find than the Newman building. Have a safe trip!

what a toss**er

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

logic123 wrote: »
    what a toss**er

you can say tosser here

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

logic123 wrote: »
    what a toss**er
    why are you leaving? we all have bad days in there, yesterday i just wanted to leave but today was a bit better. seriously i would reconsider, give it a bit more time and freshers week is next week:)

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

ColmDawson wrote: »
    England should be easier to find than the Newman building. Have a safe trip!
    thats a bit unfair.
    it must be tough being a student from a different country.
    its tough being a new student in ucd when your from the area , never mind when you leave everyone you know and start in a new college all by yourself

• Advertisement

thanks for your support leesmon, unfortunatly ive havent found anyone that really is like me, and havent really meshed with anyone else. Perhpas i just feel intimiated like you said, being tough being in a different country, are you on campus or anything? im in roebuck if you want to say hi, anyways i would feel better being cloer toh ome and really i would perform much better if that was so, i think i didnt really give it much thought when i decided to study in a diff country.

Advertisement