Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Target shooting bog!!!!!

Options
  • 07-09-2009 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

Hi folks theres a bog about 15mins from where im living and im just wondering what would be the position on shooting a few targets on it.. Its an ideal spot as there is banks 10-15ft high ideal for a backdrop and i wreaken theres at leat 200 acres + of land. Theres some forest there which is owned buy coilte. Im not sure who owns the bog but its is work for turf cutting etc they seem to be in alotments..Any advice.. My regular spot has livestock on at the moment...Ta

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

My advice?
    Don't even think of going shooting somewhere you don't know who owns, and therefore can't ask permission.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elius

Rovi wrote: »
    My advice?
    Don't even think of going shooting somewhere you don't know who owns, and therefore can't ask permission.

My thoughts aswell.. Just said i would throw it up ya never know...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Sounds like commonage that would have a few people on it. Talk to a few farmers. You'd be asking for trouble just setting up of your own bat though.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭moose112

Is there turf cut on it?

If so take a trip up there some evening might be lads working on they should be able to tell you who owns it.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭ayapatrick

if its in allotments maybe one man has the lot and is selling strips of turf. thats how it is near enough to me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

"zeroing" you mean...... going by the new regs!!!

Advertisement