Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BCOOP 2009

Options
  • 07-09-2009 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭

Edit : This is now extended to 13 events to include 2-7 Triple Draw, Badugi and 8-game. PLH has been ditched. If anyone has paid and wishes to withdraw, just say so in this thread. The text below has been edited to include all up-to-date details.

I reckon its time for BCOOP 2009. That's the Boards Championship of Online Poker for the newcomers. Your chance to test your skill against other boardsies in 13 different poker variants. BCOOP 2008 was won by strewelpeter so hopefully he'll be back to make his defense.

Hope its ok to post this in the main forum until the event kicks off, and then mods can feel free to move it and sticky it in the online sub-forum. I'll only use this thread for discussion up to kick off, keeping track of who paid, answering any queries and for updating results/leaderboard once its begun. As each event kicks off, i'll create a thread in the Online sub-forum where people can discuss any aspects on that particular tournament including hands, passwords, banter, slagging etc.

Entry for the BCOOP will be $30 and this will qualify you for a chance at winning the overall prize for the highest points total at the end of the series. Payout will be 70/30 for 1st and 2nd. The $30 must be shipped to Gillybeans pokerstars account (mystictarot) before the tournament begins on 22nd September in order for you to earn points from the get go. Late Entries will be taken after the series kicks off, but only games played after you have shipped the money will count towards the overall total. Max spend for the entire series is only $170. Great value for 13 games and a shot at the title.

If someone does not want to pay the $30 entry fee, due to not being able to commit, or they just dont want to, they will still be welcome to play any games they want. Just request a password in the specified thread and you'll receive a pm.

Please see below the schedule for the upcoming championships. All games will be played on Pokerstars and they will start at 8.30pm Irish time running every Tuesday and Wednesday over 6 consecutive weeks. Its been tried on different days over the last couple of years, and we can never please everyone, so lets hope that Tuesdays/Wednesday can cater for most.

Games aren't set up in the Pokerstars lobby yet, but i'll be working on that asap.

Event 1 – Tuesday 22nd September - Limit Hold Em $10+1
    Event 2 – Wednesday 23rd September - Limit Razz $10+1
    Event 3 – Tuesday 29th September - 2-7 Triple Draw $10+1
    Event 4 – Wednesday 30th September - Pot Limit Omaha $10+1
    Event 5 – Tuesday 6th October - Badugi $10+1
    Event 6 – Wednesday 7th October - Limit Stud Hi/Lo $10+1
    Event 7a – Tuesday 13th October - Heads Up No Limit Hold Em $10+1
    Event 7b - Tuesday 13th October - Heads Up Pot Limit Omaha $10+1
    Event 8 – Wednesday 14th October - HORSE $10+1
    Event 9 – Tuesday 20th October - Pot Limit Omaha Hi/Lo $10+1
    Event 10 – Wednesday 21st October - Limit Stud Hi $10+1
    Event 11 - Tuesday 28th October - 8 game $10+1
    Event 12 - Wednesday 29th October - No Limit Hold Em $20+1 (Main Event)

There's 13 tournaments in total. You will get 2 points for every event you play in, and of these 13 tournaments, only your best 10 results will be counted towards the final tally to push you up the overall leaderboard, so even if you cant make every game, you still have a good chance to claim top spot.

The Main Event MUST count towards the top 10 results…If you play 12 events but fail to play the Main Event, only your top 9 results will count and you will score 0 for the Main Event.

Points for all tournaments (execpt for the Main Event + Heads Up) will be awarded as follows..

9th – 2 pts
    8th – 3 pts
    7th – 4 pts
    6th – 6 pts
    5th – 8 pts
    4th – 10 pts
    3rd – 13 pts
    2nd – 16 pts
    1st – 20 pts

Points for the Main Event (Event 12) will be awarded as follows..

9th – 3 pts
    8th – 4 pts
    7th – 6 pts
    6th – 9 pts
    5th – 12 pts
    4th – 15 pts
    3rd – 19 pts
    2nd – 24 pts
    1st – 30 pts

Points for the Heads Up games will be scored slightly different and will be as follows.

Winner = 20
    R/Up = 16
    Semi = 10
    Q/F = 3
    >= 9th = 0 pts

Should a player not involved in the overall championship finish in a points position, those points will not be used towards an overall tally so will become redundant. e.g. You get 13 pts for finishing 3rd. If a randomer finishes 3rd, these points will not be awarded to anyone, and players will not be moved up one place on the points ladder to compensate.

Post here with your Pokerstars sn when you ship the $30 and myself/Gillian will confirm once we receive it, and will update the list.

Cheers and good luck to everyone.

Tony

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

SEE POST 29 FOR FURTHER UPDATES

Overall Prizepool stands at $150

Monies received from..

Flushdraw - FlushdrawIRE
    Gillybean72 - mystictarot
    KevIRL - KevIRL
    Irish Iron - Laos Hammer
    suilen - danceofthedead

Passwords to all events will be PM'd to those that paid once all games are set-up on stars.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

great work Tony - I will be in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

I might have a go at this. I've been meaning to learn a couple of new games and this would be a good excuse to get off my arse and do a bit of reading.

Fair play Tony,i'm beginning to think you have an organisation/list fetish:)

I might have a go at this. I've been meaning to learn a couple of new games and this would be a good excuse to get off my arse and do a bit of reading.

Just giving the people what they want Danny! Its also good for community spirit..and sometimes we sure need that one here!

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭percy007

Is the schedule set in stone yet?? :pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Tony - Its not possible to ship to 'mystictarot72' - case sensitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Gillybean72

My stars username is mystictarot .. no 72 in it.

Tony has edited the original post.

KevIRL wrote: »
    Tony - Its not possible to ship to 'mystictarot72' - case sensitive.

Sorry Kev, there's no 72 at the end...fixed in the OP

Monies shipped to 'mystictarot' ;)

Tony, despite your gaff with the wrong username thanks a million for doing this, it goes without saying that if you need any help stickying or editing threads just let us know

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

so gil is 37?

• Advertisement

You are right there hahahahaha!

so gil is 37?

I will be next tuesday Noel lol!

Happy Bday!

Happy Bday!

Thanks, its another week till the sorry event :P

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭mocata

up for a friendly side bet percy?

mocata wrote: »
    up for a friendly side bet percy?

Both of you ship the $30 to 'mystictarot' and then you can chat about side bets all you want!

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Irish Iron

shipped from me 'Laois Hammer'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

Just hope that the 2nd halves of the champions league games all suck.

She does indeed have mystical powers at the old tarot cards too as demonstrated by her ability to predict things a week in advance.

hotspur wrote: »

group stages are boring anyway

hotspur wrote: »

She does indeed have mystical powers at the old tarot cards too as demonstrated by her ability to predict things a week in advance.
    group stages are boring anyway

Yeah i actually looked at this before the dates and it clashes with 2 champions league fixtures. I was going to skip the weeks the games were on but as Kev says, they're probably all going to be rubbish anyway considering all the English teams got a handy number!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭FungiWalsh

I doubt I'll be able to reliably make two nights a week, but I'll definitely be donating in a few games. Thanks for setting it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭suilen

$30 shipped from danceofddead.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Who is sponsoring this to the tune of 50k in free monies?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭fatguy

Great idea Flushdraw and I hope to take part in a few of these. But, why have you dropped pot limit hold'em and kept limit hold'em? I thought we all hated limit hold'em?

fatguy wrote: »
    Great idea Flushdraw and I hope to take part in a few of these. But, why have you dropped pot limit hold'em and kept limit hold'em? I thought we all hated limit hold'em?

Limit poker is believed by many to be the purest form of poker. I don't particularly like it myself but there's a skill involved and its a tough discipline to master. I think its a great addition to any poker series.

PLH tournaments are past their sell by date and rubbish IMO.

BTW, all tournaments are now showing in the Pokerstars Lobby under Tourney > Private > BCOOP etc.

I've also PM'd the passwords of all events to each person that has paid the $30

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

Damn, gonna miss this again. I'm living in melbourne atm so time zones suck for playing them as Im actually keeping to normal waking hours atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Conbro

$30 dead money shipped from conbro to mystictarot. Fair play Tony and Gill for organising this.

ianmc38 wrote: »
    Damn, gonna miss this again. I'm living in melbourne atm so time zones suck for playing them as Im actually keeping to normal waking hours atm.

Thats a shame Ian. If i could start games at 1.30am Irish time i would! I'm really going to enjoy it this year as stars have made all their games available for private tournaments so we're gonna have some fun!
    Conbro wrote: »
    $30 dead money shipped from conbro to mystictarot. Fair play Tony and Gill for organising this.

Cheers Conor, monies received and passwords sent for all events.

Overall Prizepool stands at $180

Monies received from..

Flushdraw - FlushdrawIRE
    Gillybean72 - mystictarot
    KevIRL - KevIRL
    Irish Iron - Laos Hammer
    suilen - danceofthedead
    conbro - conbro

Passwords to all events PM'd to everyone on the list

• Registered Users Posts: 4,547 ✭✭✭mormank

ianmc38 wrote: »

so change them!! are you planning on playing any of the pokernews cup in a couple if weeks time??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

Yeah Tony, id love to play in them again, always good fun to have you tilted and moaning into the chat box 5 hands into the first level of every game. :pac:

Morman, I will probably play a few of the tournaments. I'm slowly starting to realise that Im amongst the worst live tournament players on the planet, but I will definitely put some dead money into a few of the tournaments. I liek the morning series as they have some different formats that are fun to play.

Advertisement