If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips 7404 and 8404 updates

Options
  • 07-09-2009 7:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks

Just a little update - you'll all have phone messages or pm's from me buy now but just to get it out in the open...

The 42PFL8404 are due end of this week I have orders for this TV with Philips for each Boardie as today - I should be able to add to that order if anyone else would like one this week but best get in quick!

the 42PFL7404 look like they are due next week now. All with orders placed end of August have TV's here reserved for you - actually most of you now have those TV's at home, only a few stragglers are yet to collect 'em!!!

I have orders with Philips for all outstanding Boardies orders placed over the last few days on this set.

Guys I'll let those of you know when your TV's are in stock.

cheers
    Ash

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 RGMR2

HI Ash,

Can you quote me for the 42PFL8404H including that nice insurance :D and delivery to Galway? Also 2 of those living colours (full size) in smoked black? Can't wait to get my hands on them!:)

Many Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi There RGMR2

Happy to quote!

42PFL8404H + 5year warranty €899.99
    LivingColours Black (large version) at €99.99 each
    Delivery to Galway €29.99

Total €1129.96

Hard too know what you'll have more fun playing with as both are good fun (TV might win out though:))

How does that sound??

Cheers
    Ash

Magic. When can I get the lot????:P Bit Early to be getting that Christmas feeling!:D

Never to early for that - Christmas Feeling that is!

Well they are due into me this week.
    If you give me a buzz on 01 474 788 I can take payment and get it reserved up for you.

If it arrives into me on Thursday you could have it Friday (next day del by Courier) otherwise it would be early next week.

Talk soon?
    Cheers
    Ash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 R&R

Hi, interested in the 42PFL8404H. How much to deliver to Dublin?? Does the €899 include the boardie discount ?
    Thanks.

• Advertisement

Hi R&R

Yep the 42PFL8404 is €999.99 instore but to Boardies it's only €899.99!
    Standard del charge in Dublin €25.

Are you interested in scooping one up?

Cheers
    Ash

Yeah, I'll go for one & a delivery. Do you sell HDMI cables as well.

Hi R&R

Thanks for your order

Let me know about the HDMI cables.

Cheers
    Ash

One more question, does the 42PFL8404 support the Irish DTT format, MPEG4? I'm not sure when DTT is going to be rolled out after boxer went bust but I'd like to be prepared !I'm OK for cables, Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭vestanpance

R&R wrote: »
    One more question, does the 42PFL8404 support the Irish DTT format, MPEG4? I'm not sure when DTT is going to be rolled out after boxer went bust but I'd like to be prepared !I'm OK for cables, Cheers.

It does indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭vestanpance

Hi Ash,

I'm doing my best spreading the word on this the 8404 (42"), my boss is in the market and I think I have him convinced on this, can you let me know the price on this and the BDP-3000 bluray player with delivery in Dublin.

Hey,

I've PM'd you the details for that.

Thanks a million, Nicola.
    Hi Ash,

I'm doing my best spreading the word on this the 8404 (42"), my boss is in the market and I think I have him convinced on this, can you let me know the price on this and the BDP-3000 bluray player with delivery in Dublin.

I'll get another sale for you yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Any word of these Ash, I assume they'll be out for delivery next week? :D

hi Folks

just a quick update
    We are driving out to collect the 42PFL8404H as we speak.

we are getting more tomorrow as well.

If contacted all due for the first batch and providing the other batch comes in those waiting for them for next week should have them this week!!

the 7 series are due next week

Cheers
    Ash
    -thanks for being patient folks:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 POB2009

Ash
    can you quote me for 42PFL8404H + 5year warranty with Blue Ray Player, cables and wall bracket?

thanks
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 3 POB2009

Ash
    can you quote me for 42PFL8404H + 5year warranty with Blue Ray Player, cables and wall bracket?

thanks
    Paul

Hi POB2009

Happy too!

42PFL8404H is €900 to all ggod Boardies and comes with a 4 year warranty.

BDP3000 Blu Ray player is €157 to Boardies at the moment (€175 in store)
    HDMI Cable from €20
    MAX Slim Wall mount €60 to Boardies

that would give you a VERY nice setup!

Give me a bell on 01 474 0788 if you want to discuss any points

cheers
    Ash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭marko91

AshMiller wrote: »
    Hi There RGMR2

Happy to quote!

42PFL8404H + 5year warranty €899.99
    LivingColours Black (large version) at €99.99 each
    Delivery to Galway €29.99

Total €1129.96

Hard too know what you'll have more fun playing with as both are good fun (TV might win out though:))

How does that sound??

Cheers
    Ash

i just researched livingcolors and wowwww its just amazing:eek:

Hi Ash.

TV ordered and ok, it isn't going to take it's proper place today. Slightly disappointed:(. However, Must tell you that I really appreciate you keeping me informed:D. Many could learn from it. Did you ever consider getting into the furniture business???;)

Looking forward to Monday.:cool:

Cheers,

Hi RGMR2

Yeah Sorry about that!
    We dashed out as soon as we heard they had recieved them but it was too late for the Courier to up lift them from us yesterday.
    I was really hopeing that I'd be able to get it to you today, but not to be.

On the bright side no one likes Mondays so to get a few new toys will start the week of nicely for you:D

Furniture business.......ah no!

Have a good one
    Ash

• Advertisement

POB2009

Let me know how you get on with your new setup

Cheers
    Ash

Marko91

They look a lot better in your living room:)
    Only €99.99 to Boardies saving you €30 from the instore price.

Want one???
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 9,793 ✭✭✭sweetie

just collected my 8404 at lunchtime and on day off work and setup already.
    Had a quick mess with settings but the picture I get from my regular sky box
    is so much better than on my old lcd and even playing Metroid prime gamecube
    via wii seems more vivid and alive. Sound is great too and the ambilight is cool.

Also ad two taxi drivers chatting to me on the way home from town as I had the
    box sitting askew in the back of the cabriolet. :p One might even make it in as
    he seemed impressed with the price!

Thanks again Ash and John.

Hi Sweetie

It really makes me happy when we sell stuff to people who are enthusiastic and eager to play with their latest gadgets..

Good to see people getting fun and enjoyment out of it!
    You wasted no time by the looks of it:D

have a good weekend
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Rockshamrover

Hi Ash,

Got delivery of my 42 8404 this afternoon. It's up and running and we are very happy with it. Thanks.

Just one thing. There was no documentation regarding the warranty.
    How do I go about getting that?

Thanks

Rock

Hi There Rock

Glad you have it set up and running. Hope it keeps you tweaking over the weekend:)

As far as the warranty is concerened its noted on your account in store and I should have the paper work from Philips next week so I'll process it all then.

Cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Rockshamrover

AshMiller wrote: »
    Hi There Rock

Glad you have it set up and running. Hope it keeps you tweaking over the weekend:)

As far as the warranty is concerened its noted on your account in store and I should have the paper work from Philips next week so I'll process it all then.

Cheers
    Ash

Cheers Ash,

The guys cant wait for the 19s but are more than happy with the new baby:)

Rock.

Rock

I'll chase the 19"er's on Monday and get 'em out to you asap - I'd hate for the kids to get used to your 42"er - They'll never be happy with a 19" csreen size after that!

Cheer
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 14 smohapatra

Hi..

Going through the extensive set of messages in boards.ie and after comparing a lot with samsung..i have decided to go with philips 42pfl 8404..

Would you able to give the final pricing and also the stock availability..
    Also if you could let me know the pricing / availability for 42pfl 9664..

Cheers,
    Sam

• Advertisement

Hi Smohapatra

I'm collecting a few 42PFL8404H's today so I'll have one if you'd like it.
    The price on the 42PFL8404 is €900 to Boardies.

I'll pm you the price on the 42PFL9664

Cheers
    Ash

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.