Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beefing up security on aluminium door

Options
  • 07-09-2009 7:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

I recently got security grilles inside all my windows and doors. I guess the weakest part of the house for breakins is now my aluminium door.
    it has a 3 way lock on it and I am going to ring Crothers in the morning to see if I can get an anti-snap, anti drill, anti-push cylinder.
    I was just wondering if anyone had any other ideas about beefing up the security on this door?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,443 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Moved from Accommodation & Property. You'll probably get a better answer here.

With grilles on the windows, what is the escape situation like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭mrgaa1

you can get decorative front doors with a 5 point locking system that has steel in it - evergreen doors used to do this. Also good point about how do you get out if you need to in an emergency.
    You could also put another door on the inside. A steel door which could be made by any local metal manufacturer - look for those who make gates, railings etc.... Doesn't have to be pretty and you could get it galvanised. It could be resessed in your home so that its out of the way when you need it away but can be closed easily. What about the back door?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 smeg_for_brains

Thanks for the replies.
    The grilles are key operated asliding grilles so just a slight delay in opening a window. I would be more worried about being incapacitated inside the house with noone being able to get in to save my ass!

The door I am refering to is a back door which I use to go in and out. the front door has 2 heavy bars locked in place behind it.
    I did price security doors when thinking of replacing the aluminium door and was quoted close to 2 grand, which I dont have right now. I am still paying a loan for the grilles.

Advertisement