Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wilson Palacios

Options
  • 07-09-2009 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭

I'm gonna stick my neck out here, but I think he has been our most important signing since Gazza.

We've always been a soft touch in central midfield for as long as I can remember (mid-80s).

This guy is a box-to-box, self motivated, technichally gifted, young powerhouse of a midfielder.

He's the player we've been waiting for, he remindes me of a young Roy Keane. I just hope and pray he (and Levy) are not tempted when the enevitible big-money offers come in for him.

I love Palacios :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

It's early days but so far, so good. He's made a massive difference to our once very soft midfield.

I just pray that he does'nt pick up any serious injuries throughout the campaign, as that would be an enormous loss to our defensive play.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭ohnoigotsick

he's made a huge difference , he gets around like zakora but can tackle pass and score

I think he will stay for a while , he was heartened when his name was been chanted at the lane at the end of last season when he was away after his brothers murder - i suppose he's a different type of player really in this day and age, considering we waited till harry woke up to tell him his bad news away to everton last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

I'm gonna stick my neck out here, but I think he has been our most important signing since Gazza.

We've always been a soft touch in central midfield for as long as I can remember (mid-80s).

This guy is a box-to-box, self motivated, technichally gifted, young powerhouse of a midfielder.

He's the player we've been waiting for, he remindes me of a young Roy Keane. I just hope and pray he (and Levy) are not tempted when the enevitible big-money offers come in for him.

I love Palacios :)

110% agree.
    Massive player for us. I actually dread to think what we'd be like without him. There would be a huge gap to fill if he was'nt around.

And as you said, it would be very interesting to see wat happens if Man Utd offered 20/25 for him over the next 12/18 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Wendell Gee

We don't need to sell players anymore. The squad has a settled look at last, and additions can be paid for by shipping out the disaffected and unwanted. This summer, Zokora, Bent, Gunter Chimbonda and the Prince, whose faces didn't fit (although only good feelings to Zokora and Bent in particular) paid for our signings. The squad is more settled, more balanced, and so are the books. two weeks after we signed him I hoped here that we would tie him up in golden handcuffs. Remember Carrick and Defoe were lost due to contracts not being renewed or extended. With Comolli gone, no more balls-ups, I hope.
    Palacios is exactly what Liverpool, Arsenal, and Man Yoo need. If Harry had come a few months earlier, we'd have Diarra alongside him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

Hatch99 wrote: »
    110% agree.
    Massive player for us. I actually dread to think what we'd be like without him. There would be a huge gap to fill if he was'nt around.

great signing. the type of player we've been crying out for over the past 15 years.
    Hatch99 wrote: »
    And as you said, it would be very interesting to see wat happens if Man Utd offered 20/25 for him over the next 12/18 months.

Levy will sell him of course. Auld Danny knows the price of everything but the value of nothing :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

palacious is out best and most important player by a long way. we havent had a player like him for years and years. he basically took us up the table on his own last year. i cant understand why benitez didnt offer 25 million for him when alonso was sold. levy would probably have sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭I-Bleed-White

mickman wrote: »
    palacious is out best and most important player by a long way. we havent had a player like him for years and years. he basically took us up the table on his own last year. i cant understand why benitez didnt offer 25 million for him when alonso was sold. levy would probably have sold.

This is true but the pool already have a similar player in Mascherano. They needed more creativity. Still do. I would be worried when Fergie realises Hargreaves is permanently crocked and over-rated.

He is great though. We have been needing that bite in midfield. The season we lost 4th place on the last day we had Davids giving some bite in midfield. Nice to have it back.

Advertisement