Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet Marketing & SEO -- Feedback Thread

• 07-09-2009 8:02pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    I would appreciate any comments and thoughts on how we could improve this forum and make it more useful for users? Since being made mod, I have sadly not been as active due to it being a busy few months for me. But, I hope that will change and we can work to improve and make this a useful forum for everyone.

I would appreciate your thoughts. :)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Everyone happy so? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Shaneod21

Well theres not too many sticky thread which go into detail on internet marketing. So many people have began to get into internet marketing but many of them will never succeed. Should describe the best ways to get started. For example theres nothing about affiliate marketing and how to get started etc.

Just a thought. Willing to help out with my personal experiences and what has actually worked out for me.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Shaneod21 wrote: »
    Well theres not too many sticky thread which go into detail on internet marketing. So many people have began to get into internet marketing but many of them will never succeed. Should describe the best ways to get started. For example theres nothing about affiliate marketing and how to get started etc.

Just a thought. Willing to help out with my personal experiences and what has actually worked out for me.

This is something I have planned but my time has been tied up lately. I have a bit more time next week so ill try get a start on it. Public contributions always welcome. :)
    We make this forum useful by posting threads on such topic which are helpful to others. Use title of thread according to the searching on search engine this attract more visitor, description should be short and informative. Reply to the thread must be informative related to the thread, spamming makes the forum dirty so avoid spamming and spammers.

Ya, those darn spammers. Say hi to your friends! Banned.

(The above poster included his signature within his post which is the same as spamming. Typical spam!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 johnlawlor

dont try to cheat the googlebot.!

and remember there is more to life than google.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭HandWS LTD

Hi Sully,

There are some links in the SEO Forum that should not be there.e.g

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055734606

Would you not consider opening up the web hosting one again? or was it ever opened? I don't know what happened to it.

If you are opening the web hosting forums, you should also have stricter rules where the web host companies would not be at eachothers throat.

• Advertisement

HandWS LTD wrote: »
    Hi Sully,

There are some links in the SEO Forum that should not be there.e.g

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055734606

Would you not consider opening up the web hosting one again? or was it ever opened? I don't know what happened to it.

If you are opening the web hosting forums, you should also have stricter rules where the web host companies would not be at eachothers throat.

Best reporting posts you have problems with, that way I get to them quicker.

As for the Web Hosting forum - I see you have raised this in Feedback so it needs no further discussion here. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭link8r

I hope this is a useful suggestion - could you add a newbie thread so that they the responses are better organised?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭HandWS LTD

link8r wrote: »
    I hope this is a useful suggestion - could you add a newbie thread so that they the responses are better organised?

Interesting....depends how you mean and if it'll work. Maybe posting it in the feedback will help. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=63042903&posted=1#post63042903

link8r wrote: »

For?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Vim Fuego

Allowing some form of business listings would be useful. I came back to a bookmarked thread to get someone's contact details for some freelance work and they had been removed :-(

Edit: I see there's a potential thread but it has no listings...

• Advertisement

Vim Fuego wrote: »
    Allowing some form of business listings would be useful. I came back to a bookmarked thread to get someone's contact details for some freelance work and they had been removed :-(

Edit: I see there's a potential thread but it has no listings...

Have you the link to the thread? I dont recall deleting any such thread myself.

As for listings - people have yet to PM suggestions. Its under tight control to avoid shilling/spamming which is why we wont take posts and instead wants PMs with suggestions so we can ensure its done correctly and fairly. :)

Advertisement