Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned

Options
  • 07-09-2009 8:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭

Are the mods taking the piss now or what???

What one person can say another cannot...

WTF was he banned for here?

I was banned for 3 days for this.

While this seems to be perfectably acceptable?

WTF are ye playing at? Really? GTFO? FFS, this is really taking the piss.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

You seem to have had the lightest penalty - the first guy appears to have a permban from AH, the other guy is sitebanned for various offences so I wouldn't say that either was deemed acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

WTF was he banned for here?

He's a rereg of several sitebanned users. The "again" should have given some clue to that or you could have PMd a mod to find out.
    I was banned for 3 days for this.

Not exactly. You were banned because despite previous bans and warnings from at least one moderator, you continue to be uncivil, aggressive and overly confrontational to posters on a regular basis. In particular you were asked to cut down on telling other posters to GTFO just because you disagree with them.
    While this seems to be perfectably acceptable?

Another already sitebanned rereg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

javaboy wrote: »
    He's a rereg of several sitebanned users. The "again" should have given some clue to that or you could have PMd a mod to find out.

Obviously "again" isn't a massive clue as to why he was banned.

Not exactly. You were banned because despite previous bans and warnings from at least one moderator, you continue to be uncivil, aggressive and overly confrontational to posters on a regular basis. In particular you were asked to cut down on telling other posters to GTFO just because you disagree with them.

you can butter it up all you want. GTFO shouldn't be deemed banable. If you want to ban people for being uncivil in ah? Lol... Aggressive? Overly confrontational? Anything else you want to add to strenghten your very weak argument?

What you see to be aggressive and overly confrontational for one person, seems perfectably acceptable for another. Nothing worse than a biased mod. Well there's cancer, but we won't go there.

GTFO is a response to a complete and utter stupid post. Or like a generalisation. For instance:

Poster 1: Everyone on social welfare is a scumbag alcho junkie...

Me: GTFO, seriously.

Etc etc.

Another already sitebanned rereg.

:eek:

Advertisement