Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Help Plz!!!!!

Options
  • 07-09-2009 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

I was jus wandering, if sumbody would advise me or help with the steps, if there is any way i can ping the host without host been aware of... :confused:
    i am using one of these 3 usb internet

Tnx in advance:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭pts

huh? ping what host? Have you tried the ping command?
    I think you'd get a much better response if you explain what you are trying to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 cynosure1023

pts wrote: »
    huh? ping what host? Have you tried the ping command?
    I think you'd get a much better response if you explain what you are trying to do.

tnx pts 4 u r reply, i m jus tryin to ping a host on a network

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭NeverSayDie

Knock yourself out;
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ping

From most OS's, just run "ping somehostname" at a command prompt, and it'll send a few pings to somehostname. That's about it really.

Re pinging without the host being "aware" of it, given that the whole idea of a ping is that they receive your packets and respond to confirm they got them, no, not really.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

They'd have to be looking for someone pinging them though, the average user wouldn't know unless they were monitoring packets coming in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Yeah. I'm going to go ahead and lock this. Not really a programming issue.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement